I waited for this truck and I'm glad.
By hulksmashtree on
2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)
The engine produces solid performance. The towing ability is adequate. The bigger V8s offered by other trucks boast better towing, but most guys like me won't ever come close. I'm sure my Tundra will pull a camper with much more ease than any V6, and that's good enough. The many cool features impress me. I do have to say though that thus far the mileage has been very poor. All in all, my decision was based on getting the most reliable 4-door full size pickup out there, that could fit in a normal garage, and having good toys and performance. Acceleration is solid, but it would be fun to have a little more power. To conclude, I'm glad I waited.
Favorite Features
The solid performance(could still be more powerful), power rear window, cool TDI ignition, tumble seats, optional JBL 3 in 1, good interior space, and other stuff all make a good vehicle for my needs as a guy getting ready to start a family.
Suggested Improvements
Mileage is a concern, although I suppose it's just part of owning a heavy (5000 lb), 4 door truck. I knew owning a truck would be bad(having always owned four cylinder cars prior), but MAN. I'm getting 12-14 in the city and 17-18 on the highway for an average of about 14...yikes.