Almost Perfect
By coddarling on
2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)
I have a 2005 Tundra Double Cab 4x4 and I love it. 3,500 miles thus far and absolutely no regrets. It's the perfect size for me--I can throw my 3 kids in the back and enough gear in the bed for a family of 5--ski equipment, whatever, and go absolutely anywhere. (I have a retractable lockable bed cover, and it really completes the package.) Only two complaints: my truck has the TRD package, and the stock BF Goodrich "Rugged Trail" tires were terrible. Threw them away after 500 miles and put on BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A, a more appropriate choice for the TRD package. Also, I tried an after-market bug deflector but took it off due to wind noise. Maybe I'll try the Toyota part.
Favorite Features
My favorite features are the design and build quality. The door seals, switchgear, and various levers and handles are rock solid and exude quality. The truck is screwed together tightly has ZERO squeaks or rattles. This is one solid truck, and it is whisper-quiet on the highway.
Suggested Improvements
1. Better tires for TRD. 2. Better fuel economy--I barely get 15 on the highway. 3. Toyota should have a dashboard indicator light when fog lights are switched on. 4. Clock should be mounted higher on the dash. 5. 4WD switch is inconveniently located (too low and close to another switch.)