a year later...
By rick on
2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)
I did lots of research before I bought it (used with 11,000mi) and there is no doubt the Tundra fits my needs the best. I have two carseats in the car (Thanks for the LATCH) and carry my MC in the bed. Having owned the car for a year. I'm quite satisfied and would recommend the car without hesitation. It is full of features and convencience items that makes it a great family car. However, there are a few things I am surprised Toyota missed. (For reference, previous cars include a 911,CR-V, Accord, 300Z, Explorer, Mustang...)
Favorite Features
The off-road pkg is great if you actually go off-roading. But with an empty bed on public roads, it's very bouncy. The engine has tons of torque, thus on a 2WD with an empty bed and multi- purpose tires, it's very easy to spin the wheels. Unfortunately selecting 2nd gear does not bypass 1st gear.
Suggested Improvements
The brakes are just lousy. Poor initial bite, no feel and some fading. Locations of pwr window buttons are awkward. Cruise control not on steering wheel. Door armrests end too far forward, leaving my elbow hanging. Cheap weather strips for door windows. No LATCH on rear, right seat.