2004 Toyota Tundra SR5 Double Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

2004 Tundra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Sort Reviews by

New Owner
By chip618

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The truck has less road noise than any other I have driven. I have always been an American car person only, but after a test drive the Tundra was so superior to the American counterparts I had no choice but to switch.

Favorite Features

Tight Drive and Rear Window Lower- ability

Suggested Improvements

Tighter turning radius

Best Value in the market
By CarsonCattle

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This truck rides like a Lexus with all the power and muscle you need to be a real truck guy. I haul a cattle trailer that is pushing the maximum capacity and the truck has power to spare.

Favorite Features

Quality, Price and value. The rear seats beat any crew cab out there. The are 24 degrees and not straight up like the 04 F-150 and the Titan

Suggested Improvements

Some day light medium and heavy duty...Please

my tundra 4dr rocks
By johanna

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck because I always wanted a toyota, but was just waiting for the full size version to come along. The wait was well worth it. It rides like a car, and inside is soo quiet. The stereo system is the stock 6 speaker, but puts out very well. Engine performance is awesome, although there seems to be a little lag when you first step on the gas. MAybe it's just my driving style. It does need better gripping tires to perform in a 4wd situation, because I have experienced a little slippage due to the slick road tires that come standard.

Favorite Features

Stock stereo is comparable to any after market out there. Rides smooth and quiet. I like the rear folding seats, but would like the option of being able to pull them out. Rear sliding window. A lot of room interior.

Suggested Improvements

smooth out some of the exterior lines. Make the rear seats easily removable. Make a sport option, with Easy clean floors and some protective seat covers. Reconfigure turn signal, and wiper nobs so they are not so close together. Better stock tires.

Good Truck
By BMTillman

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I really enjoy the handling and feel of this truck. It rides very smooth and takes bumps like a champ. Very roomy on the inside (reason we got it) everyone is comfortable in the both the front and back. Overall it's just an awesome truck. The only negative is it does like gas but if you want economy maybe you shouldn't look at full size trucks their all pretty much the same on gas.

Favorite Features

Spacious interior and overall handling is exceptional. Plenty of storage room in the interior.

Suggested Improvements

Adjustable rear seats and nerf bars but that's just because they don't make them yet.

TUNDRA DOUBLE CAB
By NEWTRUCKOWNER

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

THE ONLY BAD THING IS THE GAS TANK DOESN'T HAVE A LOCK. MY OLD TOYOTA TRUCK, TO GET TO THE GAS TANK YOU HAD TO UNLOCK IT WITH THE KEY. I FELT THAT WAS SAFER, THAN I KNEW, WHEN I LEFT WORK I STILL HAD MY GAS THAT I CAME TO WORK WITH. ANY SUGGESTIONS??

Favorite Features

THE REAR WINDOW GOES UP & DOWN AND IS POWER. YEAH!!!

Suggested Improvements

HAVE THE GAS TANK WITH LOCK & KEY LIKE THE OLD TOYOTA TRUCKS..

Tundra Fan
By Alpha Truck

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This 4 DR. truck has nice pickup and rides as smooth as the top of the line Toyota cars. The motor has smooth acceleration and trans shifts smooth. Plenty of room in back for 3 plus the convience of a pickup for hauling whatever.

Favorite Features

4.7 V8 motor getting about 16-17 miles mpg. city driving.

driving performance
By bfrel

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

purchased a new 04 d- cab w\ aftermarket perf. tires & wheels. The foot print of the tires is so great that the veh. follows the road surface and pulls you into the opposing lanes of traffic. Met with the dist. rep. regarding this matter and was advised there was nothing that could be done to resolve this matter. I was never advised by the salesman nor the manager of this issue with these tires, if I had been I would not have pur. the veh. due to my family using this veh. as a primary mode of transport.

Favorite Features

the favorite thing bout this truck was the after market wheels and tires oddly enough as they have become my worst nitemare. I looked at the same truck on a competitor and left the lot there and bought the truck on another lot because the tires and wheels made the truck

Great Truck
By billy artic

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is great.I think everyone should get rid of there junk fords and gmcs and get the tundra.The tundra is the hottest truck out there.It drives and handles great.It is very good off road.I put lots of miles on and have no problems.If you had a gmc or ford you would have to replace many things after alot of miles.Overall it's a great truck as for the money and its reliability.

Like this truck
By Rob F

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I was really happy to get one of the first to roll into the dealer. It is a little under-powered for my towing needs, but when my supercharger is installed, look out hills !!!!

Favorite Features

4 doors, heavy truck (solid solid frame)

Suggested Improvements

Top of dask plug in for radar detector. It would also be great if the Limited came with at least the same features and more than the SR5.

toyota tundra d-cab
By mr big red

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

toyota quality along with fun to drive front seat. roomy comfortable rear seats. talk to you in 10 years with the more important review.

Favorite Features

3 in 1 radio

Suggested Improvements

8 foot cargo bed