Used 2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

First Toyota
By 34mcc

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I drove them all and couldn't resist the tundra d-cab, even though it doesn't fit in my garage (at 230 in. you may want to check)! I love the styling it is deceptively larger than most crews. The ride is extremely smooth and quiet..it's difficult to keep my wife out of the driver seat. Ideal truck for large families as the back seats and area are extremely comfortable for kids of all ages. The gas mileage for metro commutes is approx 16 with highway reaching 18. The V8 is adequate and I highly recommend a mass air flow filter such as a K&N ($34 on-line), this really improved throttle response and overall performance. Great truck!

Favorite Features

Styling, spacious and quiet interior. The electric rear window is a great touch...with all windows down it is like a convertible without the sun.

Suggested Improvements

Overhead console does not come standard with electronics included...at this price it is a bit of a joke. More customization of door locks and lamps. The radio is poor even at the $500 upgrade and six speakers.

My 04 Doublecab
By rON

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third Tundra, its the four door four wheel drive model. Lots of room and pulls my boat better than my Silverado 5.3 ever did. The interior is pretty plain.....but the reliability of Toyota keeps me coming back and the Exterior is easy on the eyes.

Favorite Features

The four doors.

Suggested Improvements

Chang ethe display on the radio so you can see the numbers while wearing sunglasses.

LOVE MY TUNDRA
By JTLowitz

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

It drives like a dream. The seats are comfortable for me. I love the room. What kind of milage does one expect from a V8, it is good under these conditions. Would like to see more creative cover... I am sooo very happy. My kids love it too. I have never been so happy, even with my BMW.

Favorite Features

The back window comes down for the ultimate circulation.

Suggested Improvements

Covers for the back...like dodge has...

Excellent Truck
By John46

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Nothing better than a truck that holds its resale value better than any other and drives better than a luxury car. None of the other half tons can even compared no wonder toyota beats them all. Not to mention its made in the USA

Favorite Features

The stereo is top notch

Suggested Improvements

Better seats

I wish I could afford to drive it.
By 4jblund

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is the nicest pickup I've ever driven and really enjoy driving it. I just wish I could afford to drive it more. It gets real bad gas mileage (16mpg) is the best I've achieved so far. I'm guessing Toyota put the 4.08 rearend in it to compensate for the less horsepower than the competition. They could have improved this by putting more horses in the motor (I've seen the racing cars, I know they can) then put a 3.50-3.73 rear in it. If I were pulling something big I wouldn't have bought it, I would have gone diesel. They aren't catering to their buyers. It does what I wanted just the mileage is sad.

Favorite Features

Toyota reliability, the reason I still love it anyway.

Suggested Improvements

As I've already stated, give it some more horses, then change that rearend ratio to something more roadworthy.