2004 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
New Double Cab Tundra
By BDWhitt on 06/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I had initially decided to buy the Tundra Access Cab, but after seeing the first double cab on the highway, I decided I wanted to get the extra doors. I'm glad I did. A lot of power and comfort and the reliability of a Toyota.

Love my Tundra
By rcarroll2 on 06/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

In my opinion it is the best all around truck for the average guy. Configuration is perfect for me,have compact truck needs but have 2 small children, kids fit comfortably & safely in rear seats, truck is big enough but not too large. Was a bit skeptical with the V6 but so far have been happy with performance.If you are one who hauls heavy loads or tows a trailer you'll need to step up to V8, Has Smooth, quiet car-like ride, handles better than my Camry. Great for highway travel.

Can you say... DEPENDABILITY?!
By DaveinNorthCarolina on 06/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

One word sums up WHY I bought the Tundra, DEPENDABILITY! This makes my 3rd Toyota truck! I still have #2 (a 95 Tacoma extended cab V6 4x4) which I use as a daily commuter. 122,428 miles and counting! Simply stated, I BELIEVE in the Toyota product! Don’t take my word for it. While you’re here at Edmunds, check out JD Powers assessment of the Tundra. Compared with Nissan’s Titan, the Tundra got higher marks for MECHANICAL QUALITY, FEATURE & ACCESSORY QUALITY, and BODY & INTERIOR QUALITY. Key word is QUALITY! That says volumes for me and MY money! Another MAJOR factor in buying the Tundra; the GOTTA HAVE IT factor! The Tundra MORE than satisfies here!

2004 Tundra
By Wynn Scott on 05/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The truck is fun to drive. Ride is excellent. No problems after 3000 miles. Only thing I dislike is the gas milage

I love my Toyota!
By Keldawwg on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

When shopping for a new truck, my wife asked me to consider a Ford, because a friend could get us areally great deal on a Ford. No Way! I drive 35K miles a year, and I don't want a truck that’ll give me problems before it has 150,000 miles on it. My old Toyota has 197,000 miles on it, and except for maintenance my total repair bills have been $220. An EGR tube and speedo cable. American cars do not have the quality of a Toyota. Our friend with the Ford has had a lot of problems; power windows/power door locks, cruise control and brakes. It’s left him stranded on the side of the road twice! He doesn't have 50,000 miles on it, and he's buying a new Ford.

best truck ever made.
By beto on 05/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

my truck is heavy duty.

2004 Tundra Double Cab
By skibum on 05/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Vehicle feels solid on the road. Cabin is spacious. Controls are typical of foreign vehicle but could be desined better. Headlight control integrated in turn signal. I have had the headlights go off accidentally at night when I put on the turn signal. Wireless throttle control is not as smooth as it could be. Neither is the transmission. Turning radius is pathetic. Stock tires are not good in snow and. Engine power is more than adequate. Truck performs well offroad. I like the power rear window. 4WD system works well and is easy to use. Load capability is good. Overall, I like the truck.

Untouchable
By xscoobeex on 05/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Iv'e driven nearly every type of pickup before I purchased the Tundra. The Tundra outmatches its competition as long as you're looking for a lightweight pickup. Because Toyota does not offer a 3/4 ton pickup that is the only reason it isn't the best compared in that category.

Best light truck available today!
By Steve_in_Colorado on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The best ride and gas mileage of all the "full size" trucks I tested. Manages to have a full size bed and an excellent backseat for my kids. Car like handling with the ability to haul the small loads I use for work. Nice build quality and a good stereo system. We love the rear sliding window, no buffeting even at speed. The sunroof is huge, and there enough drink holders for 6 people.

Tundra is Great
By thomasadcock on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I disagree with the numbers toyota says about the towing cap. I tow a trailer that ways just over 10000 pounds five days a week and not a hint of arguement from this truck. I have also had 1800 pounds of aluminum in the bed of this truck and no problems as of yet (with 20000 miles of this on a stock truck)