2004 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews 7

2004 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
What You'd Expect From Toyota
By terenitup on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Solid. Reliable. Well thought out. Just about everything is right--fit and finish, quality of materials. I expect to drive this for a LONG time.

Excellent Truck
By John46 on 07/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Nothing better than a truck that holds its resale value better than any other and drives better than a luxury car. None of the other half tons can even compared no wonder toyota beats them all. Not to mention its made in the USA

Great light duty truck!
By ImAPoet on 07/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra 2dr Regular Cab Rwd LB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2001; it's done everything I asked, including pulling a travel trailer over the highest passes in Colorado. But the engine performance is still marginal, and gas mileage is hard to tolerate (16-18mpg). All in all, though, I'll most likely look at a new Tundra when the time comes for another truck. I don't believe the American manufacturers can match the overall quality and reliability of Toyota.

Good Everyday Commute Truck
By OAZ on 07/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased the model with bench seats. It has a fold down center console with plenty of storage space, xtra cup holders. Overall, a great everday truck to commute to work. The V6 has plenty of power for merging/passing on Hwy. I have'nt towed anything yet. The truck is comfortable and all interior gadgets are easily accessible. A couple of concerns: Don't leave a phone charger connected to the outlet, I experienced hessitation when starting the engine. Poorly designed back doors, they should open like front doors, design makes it difficult to get in and out. Lastly, the brake rotors warping. My 2004 is fine, but other owners 2000-2003 have many complaints

Safety Issue
By WJM123 on 07/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The limited visibility to the rear, through the driver's window, makes it impossible to tell if someone is in the side view mirror's blind spot when you are trying to shift lanes to the left.

I love my truck
By tlabrook on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd Stepside SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Able to pull a trailer with 2 horses with no problems. Hauls better than the dodge 1500('01) then we had before. Fun to drive. Comfortable.I love the cupholders the are right within reach

I wish I could afford to drive it.
By 4jblund on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is the nicest pickup I've ever driven and really enjoy driving it. I just wish I could afford to drive it more. It gets real bad gas mileage (16mpg) is the best I've achieved so far. I'm guessing Toyota put the 4.08 rearend in it to compensate for the less horsepower than the competition. They could have improved this by putting more horses in the motor (I've seen the racing cars, I know they can) then put a 3.50-3.73 rear in it. If I were pulling something big I wouldn't have bought it, I would have gone diesel. They aren't catering to their buyers. It does what I wanted just the mileage is sad.

Great truck - poor front seat
By alfomega on 07/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Tundra. My 2001, with ABS, skidded on a wet curve when I braked, and was totaled (I was hit by a Camry doing 50 - 60 mph and walked home!) This time I got the Vehicle Stability Control package, along with the Double Cab. I just love this vehicle (and I'm almost 60). I get 17.5 miles to a gallon in mixed city/freeway driving, but I drive sensibly - gas is $2.20 a gal. The driver's seat seems worse than the '01, though. The initial shifting also appears jerkier.

My Tundra
By Al Sulsona on 06/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

My Toyota Tundra has been the BEST Vehicle I have ever owned!!!! Ford, Chevy or Dodge can not hold a candle to its performance, workmanship and above all its reliability. I have owned Ford Chevy and Dodge and I am sorry to say that they have a long way to go before they can produce a vehicle that will not fall apart with in a few years. Let me make it clear, I DO NOT ABUSE my vehicles, I guess all I'm trying to say is that our domestic trucks may be beautiful machines but they just don't hold up!! Sorry for being so honest. I'm just sharing my experience as a consumer.

It Doesn't Get Any Better Than This...
By DaveinCarolina on 06/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

2-word summarization: DEPENDABILITY & RELIABILITY! Of course the Tundra's Gotta have it factor also played a major roll as well. ANY vehicle you look at, has to have a certain "look" which simply makes you want that vehicle. The Tundra has TONS of this! In fact, we've only owned our Tundra for just about a month and I STILL catch myself standing in the garage just looking at the truck, or worse, just sitting in it! I NEVER thought a truck could ride this good and be this quite even with the TRD package! There's PLENTY of room for my over 6' frame. EVEN IN THE BACK SEAT! The most comfortable we tested! Owning a 95 Tacoma with 122K didnít hurt either!