Used 2004 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

2004 Toyota Tundra

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Best truck of 5 owned
By Sal

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Its the best truck of 5 that I've owned. Smooth, quiet, powerful, totally civilized. Perfect size for everyday use. The only draw back is that the floor is too high. Seating position is similar to a car and not a truck.

Favorite Features

Quiet. Smooth. Powerful. Sweet exhaust note. Roomy. Solid. quality.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage. Lower interior floor. Tailgate steel too thin.

Very Happy
By Fatcat300

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I am very happy with my 04 tundra. It has great reliability, fun to drive. I was disappointed with the horsepower on the 04's but it still gets up and goes. I was happy to see that they ramped up the HP on the 05's. I am extremely happy with the redesigned cargo space in the bed and that is has a deeper design. I also enjoy the back window that rolls all the way down. All in all I have no complaints about this truck and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a well built, reliable, and economical truck.

Favorite Features

Overall inside interior design and space. Everything is in an arms reach and the push button 4WD is an easy feature for anyone to use.

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower and more tow capacity. Will tow most anything the average weekend adventurer will need.

Great Truck
By edw

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Rides like a sedan not a truck. Very quiet and nice options like moon roof, great stereo system.

Favorite Features

Electronic sliding rear window, sun roof and great stereo. Nice storage compartment under back seat.

Suggested Improvements

A 400000 dollar truck needs to have auto climate control and 110V oultet.

"Oh" What a Feeling!!
By oaklandathletic

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I looked all around to purchase a truck. I have has Chevrolet's all my life. This Toyota is my first and I love it. I will be forever a Toyota owner. This truck is a joy to drive. The power is good enough for my comute 100 mile round trip. I love the body style. The JBL upgrade stero is very good.If your on the fence on which to buy Toyota is the complete all around package. This truck ROCKS!! Buy one you will like it!!

Favorite Features

I love the rear power window. The sunroof is off the chart. It comes with so many standard features that other brands make you pay for. The head room is good cuz i'm 6' 7" and have lots of room to roam.

Suggested Improvements

the seats could be a little better. I fill the captain chair. other than that it's a great Truck!!!!!!

satisfied owner
By Bob B

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Drive this truck coast-to-coast twice a year. Able to haul lots of stuff and still able to get 18-19 mpg at 68-69 miles an hour. The ride is smooth and comfortable.

Favorite Features

Love the back window that rolls down all the way. Never have another truck without this feature.

Suggested Improvements

Better windshield glass! A nothing pebble took out my windsheild with only 6,000 miles on.