2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
drive review
By itsmeeric on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Great vehicle. Handles elevations up to 11,000 without any strain. Did well in Hi Serria. Gas mileage in town around 17. Almost 22 on the highway unless leadfoot hits it over 75.

Tundra 2004
By teton0 on 02/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Have had the truck for two months. It has a great ride and the quality is pure Toyota. It is very comfortable and quiet on the highway. The V6 is more than enough power for everyday driving and the truck gets up to speed for merging onto the freeway with no trouble. I like the throaty exhaust sound, too. The only thing I'm still trying to adjust to is finding, without concentrating, the clutch friction point for that smooth, minimum rev startup. I still stall the truck occassionally or need to give it more gas (compared to the '89 Jeep Cherokee and 2003 Honda Civic we have in the family). Becoming one with the truck is only a matter of time.

Best truck on the road
By de Liege on 01/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd Stepside SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned chevy c-10's, ford f-150 and f-250's and Dodge Powerwagons and this is by far the best truck i have driven. I get compliments at almost every corner and all valet's love to park it.

This car kicks butt!!
By vinnie on 01/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I owen a silverado before and the difference is unbelivabe. It is more comfortable, drives smoother, handles better, and much more.

My first big truck experience
By PETER BOURLIN on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Overall I enjoy the smoothness of it ride.. When it got snowy and cold, the brakes started making ungodly metallic noises when I pressed on them to stop at a light The windows don't have a channel to let the water drip away if I have it cracked open to let in some fresh air during a rainy day or a snowy one..The water would drip into the door handling console inside the cab. I had to invest over $50.00 to buy an attachment for the

Toyota Trucks are GREAT
By Bill Paynter on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck on the road or on the beach. This is my 4th Toyota, but my first truck. It won't be my last.

Toyota Tundra 4x4
By Sharon Fulton on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We have had good times in this truck and it is a nice truck but , we have had many brake troubles , even though , it has the so called state of the art brakes . Also , we has a exaust manafold leak . Not good for a newer truck . This truck had 7 miles on it when we bought it . We just sold it at 62,000 miles . We had 3 sets of brake on it and never pulled anything with it ! We have talked to many other people who have them and they all had the same troubles . TRD models and the works . We still liked the truck , not the brakes though . Also had to replace the 2 front rotors . Looked like they over heated . From what , who knows ? They should not have !!

Toyota and Cheverlot
By morganberiault on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Loved it. It works almost as good as a cheverlot

the best truck made
By kevinbalitski on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

best truck we ever had

The Awesome Tundra
By Kevin Reine on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd Stepside SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I enjoy the sleek appearance on the Tundra. It is very powerful and anywhere I go I get many complements on the color and style.