Used 2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Most Helpful|
Tundra is Great
By thomasadcock

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I disagree with the numbers toyota says about the towing cap. I tow a trailer that ways just over 10000 pounds five days a week and not a hint of arguement from this truck. I have also had 1800 pounds of aluminum in the bed of this truck and no problems as of yet (with 20000 miles of this on a stock truck)

Favorite Features

definantely its reliablity

Suggested Improvements

goes through tires and brakes pretty quickly, but that could have something to do with the way I drive it.

Bad Suspension Noises
By NBradov

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Tundra used with only 34000 miles on it and I also bought an extended warranty. Now at 36000 miles the rear leaf springs under the bed make popping and buckling sounds. Toyota dealership AND extended warranty company will not correct problem because they say nothing is "broken or damaged" - it's only "making noises" and they don't honor that for repair purposes. Truck is great otherwise - no problems, great power for towing. Very disappointed manufacturer won't correct this issue especially with $1500 extended warranty purchased!

Favorite Features

Strong engine, lots of power, fast and responsive. Comfortable interior, nice car like ride.

Suggested Improvements

Don't buy an extended warranty - turned out to be a total waste of money since Toyota dealer will not honor or fix my noisy suspension problem! Wants to charge me $1600 to replace rear leaf springs.

Great pickup
By grocers

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

This pickup has been dependable, trouble free transportation. Most of the miles have been highway for me. It is very comfortable on long drives and performs well in different weather conditions.

Favorite Features

Seats are comfortable and controls are easily reachable.

Suggested Improvements

In my opinion the exterior style could be improved. Storage room under the back seat would be a great help.

Great Vehicle
By Nick

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD Stepside SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

It was my dads truck and he was meticulous about taking care of it and getting oil changes. Truck is spacious with a huge back seat. It goes to show, if you know how to drive and take care of a vehicle, you wont have problems.

Favorite Features

stereo, space, heated seats (great in iowa).

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy.

Great truck!
By vetitcomb

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this truck new on January 4th of 2004, and I have not had a single problem. I have 120,000 miles on it, and it still runs like new. It is a little slow, but that is expected with a 3.4 in this size of a truck. I would definitely recommend a Tundra to anyone looking for a good used vehicle.

Favorite Features

Decent fuel economy, reliability.