2004 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Fantastic!
By SMOKEATR on 09/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I switched from a Dodge to this rig and I LOVE IT...Its a phenominal truck all around.

A great truck
By Colin the Contractor on 09/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this for about 5 months and love it. Have towed concrete mixers (full, 1 cu. yrd.) no problem. This is a great truck, I don't know how they can say it is not for contractors. It has lots of room and plenty of power. The inside is not super fancy, but it is a truck not a Cadillac. If you are in the market for a solid vehicle it is worth taking a look at.

tundra problems
By matthew sitachitt on 08/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

we bought our tundra a year ago. ever since day one we had to jump start the car. we thought its ok because its bin sitting on the lot for a couple months. but ever since then it keeps doing it. we use it as a third car, so we drive it on weekends. but if we let it sit for 5-7 days we have to jump start it. I understand the computers in the car like the ABS is still on but i dont think it should die within 5 days. what happens if we leave it a the airport for 2-3 weeks and it dies what do we do. But otherwise its a fun car, we use to go everywhere until it wouldnt start anymore.

Great Truck
By mbenecke1@aol.com on 08/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The truck rides great and seems as though it could use a littl more horsepower. When you pay $30,000 for a truck you should get some floormats. Also your hood bug guard is astronomically priced at $165 just for the part!!!

Colorado to Alaska in Tundra D-Cab
By BadBob on 08/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the Tundra D-Cab from Longmont Toyota for several reasons: outstanding sales and incentives, easy to work with the dealer, and they bent over backward to make the sale. I put a 1600-pound camper on the Tundra and drove it 4600 miles back to Alaska with ZERO problems. The Tundra handling and performance with the camper weight was great. The cruise control handled the load just fine.

What a Truck
By ChristianHogle on 08/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I walked into a great truck. After checking out Fords we decided to just check out Toyotas. What a shock. Bigger, Better, Bolder. This truck blew the doors off Ford. Great power yet so quiet and smooth. the interior is easy nothing difficult to reach lots of cubbies and a CD player standard. Real cloth seats carpet Auto windows and door locks, I would have had to pay extra for these with a ford. Rides is sturdy not overly stiff and it feels fun to drive. I feel like I got a lot of truck for a decent price where other trucks seemed cheaper in quality but more in price. Incredible looks by the way

My 04 Doublecab
By rON on 08/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third Tundra, its the four door four wheel drive model. Lots of room and pulls my boat better than my Silverado 5.3 ever did. The interior is pretty plain.....but the reliability of Toyota keeps me coming back and the Exterior is easy on the eyes.

First Toyota
By 34mcc on 08/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I drove them all and couldn't resist the tundra d-cab, even though it doesn't fit in my garage (at 230 in. you may want to check)! I love the styling it is deceptively larger than most crews. The ride is extremely smooth and quiet..it's difficult to keep my wife out of the driver seat. Ideal truck for large families as the back seats and area are extremely comfortable for kids of all ages. The gas mileage for metro commutes is approx 16 with highway reaching 18. The V8 is adequate and I highly recommend a mass air flow filter such as a K&N ($34 on-line), this really improved throttle response and overall performance. Great truck!

What You'd Expect From Toyota
By terenitup on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Solid. Reliable. Well thought out. Just about everything is right--fit and finish, quality of materials. I expect to drive this for a LONG time.

LOVE MY TUNDRA
By JTLowitz on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

It drives like a dream. The seats are comfortable for me. I love the room. What kind of milage does one expect from a V8, it is good under these conditions. Would like to see more creative cover... I am sooo very happy. My kids love it too. I have never been so happy, even with my BMW.