2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
A great truck
By Colin the Contractor on 09/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this for about 5 months and love it. Have towed concrete mixers (full, 1 cu. yrd.) no problem. This is a great truck, I don't know how they can say it is not for contractors. It has lots of room and plenty of power. The inside is not super fancy, but it is a truck not a Cadillac. If you are in the market for a solid vehicle it is worth taking a look at.

Great Truck
By mbenecke1@aol.com on 08/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The truck rides great and seems as though it could use a littl more horsepower. When you pay $30,000 for a truck you should get some floormats. Also your hood bug guard is astronomically priced at $165 just for the part!!!

Colorado to Alaska in Tundra D-Cab
By BadBob on 08/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the Tundra D-Cab from Longmont Toyota for several reasons: outstanding sales and incentives, easy to work with the dealer, and they bent over backward to make the sale. I put a 1600-pound camper on the Tundra and drove it 4600 miles back to Alaska with ZERO problems. The Tundra handling and performance with the camper weight was great. The cruise control handled the load just fine.

What a Truck
By ChristianHogle on 08/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I walked into a great truck. After checking out Fords we decided to just check out Toyotas. What a shock. Bigger, Better, Bolder. This truck blew the doors off Ford. Great power yet so quiet and smooth. the interior is easy nothing difficult to reach lots of cubbies and a CD player standard. Real cloth seats carpet Auto windows and door locks, I would have had to pay extra for these with a ford. Rides is sturdy not overly stiff and it feels fun to drive. I feel like I got a lot of truck for a decent price where other trucks seemed cheaper in quality but more in price. Incredible looks by the way

First Toyota
By 34mcc on 08/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I drove them all and couldn't resist the tundra d-cab, even though it doesn't fit in my garage (at 230 in. you may want to check)! I love the styling it is deceptively larger than most crews. The ride is extremely smooth and quiet..it's difficult to keep my wife out of the driver seat. Ideal truck for large families as the back seats and area are extremely comfortable for kids of all ages. The gas mileage for metro commutes is approx 16 with highway reaching 18. The V8 is adequate and I highly recommend a mass air flow filter such as a K&N ($34 on-line), this really improved throttle response and overall performance. Great truck!

My 04 Doublecab
By rON on 08/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third Tundra, its the four door four wheel drive model. Lots of room and pulls my boat better than my Silverado 5.3 ever did. The interior is pretty plain.....but the reliability of Toyota keeps me coming back and the Exterior is easy on the eyes.

LOVE MY TUNDRA
By JTLowitz on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

It drives like a dream. The seats are comfortable for me. I love the room. What kind of milage does one expect from a V8, it is good under these conditions. Would like to see more creative cover... I am sooo very happy. My kids love it too. I have never been so happy, even with my BMW.

Excellent Truck
By John46 on 07/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Nothing better than a truck that holds its resale value better than any other and drives better than a luxury car. None of the other half tons can even compared no wonder toyota beats them all. Not to mention its made in the USA

I wish I could afford to drive it.
By 4jblund on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is the nicest pickup I've ever driven and really enjoy driving it. I just wish I could afford to drive it more. It gets real bad gas mileage (16mpg) is the best I've achieved so far. I'm guessing Toyota put the 4.08 rearend in it to compensate for the less horsepower than the competition. They could have improved this by putting more horses in the motor (I've seen the racing cars, I know they can) then put a 3.50-3.73 rear in it. If I were pulling something big I wouldn't have bought it, I would have gone diesel. They aren't catering to their buyers. It does what I wanted just the mileage is sad.

Great truck - poor front seat
By alfomega on 07/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Tundra. My 2001, with ABS, skidded on a wet curve when I braked, and was totaled (I was hit by a Camry doing 50 - 60 mph and walked home!) This time I got the Vehicle Stability Control package, along with the Double Cab. I just love this vehicle (and I'm almost 60). I get 17.5 miles to a gallon in mixed city/freeway driving, but I drive sensibly - gas is $2.20 a gal. The driver's seat seems worse than the '01, though. The initial shifting also appears jerkier.