2004 Toyota Tundra SR5 Double Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Remarkable truck!
By jsa on 09/08/06 09:46 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I picked up my 2004 Tundra Double Cab SR5 V8 3 weeks ago. It had 24k miles on it and is in excellent condition in and out. I was able to work the dealer over on the price, and got it for exactly what I was willing to pay. Two grand under KBB. I would like to share my initial impressions. First, the truck's ride is extraordinary. It is smooth and extremely quiet. It rides like a Lexus. The handling is nice, but somewhat loose. It is no effort to carry on a low conversation with backseat passengers at highway speed. Controls are in easy reach and the JBL stereo sounds great. Doors close with a solid thump that inspires a secure feeling. Best ext. styling in it's class, IMO. Would buy again.

Nice Investment
By Bryan on 07/04/06 09:22 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I love my truck. We have used it for everything - family car to trailer puller. It has done great at everything and holds it value. I will continue to trade my other car, but I will not get rid of my Tundra. I was afraid of imports, but it may be the only way to go. The quality and the little things are so good.

Incredible quality
By Jay on 03/26/06 20:40 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Always performs and quality is second to none. Interior is roomy and very comfortable. Engine is powerful and smooth.

Awesome Truck
By Ab White on 01/16/06 01:44 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Domestics do not measure up to these trucks in quality and reliability. If you enjoy bringing your truck to the dealer all of the time, don't buy a Toyota. What an awesome truck.

Try it...You'll like it!
By DickGJ on 01/03/06 13:02 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Very nice ride, smooth and quiet.

The Best Truck for the Buck ! ! !
By T-Man on 09/11/05 04:44 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

With the moonroof and all the windows open (including the back window) I feel as though I'm in a convertible. Awesome! Great stereo, fun to drive. I've owned many GM products and this far out-shines them in value and reliability. Far fewer problems. American vehicles (Ford & GM) have a lot more features than Toyota. However, quality and workmanship of the Toyota product is superior to American vehicles.

The Good, The Bad and The Thirsty
By Mixed Feelings on 09/08/05 02:06 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I should preface with this by saying I'm a car nut and scare people with my knowledge of cars and trucks. I looked at all of the full size pickups before deciding on the Tundra. It hasn't let me down but I'm getting tired of the $70 fill ups. The concept for the all new Tundra is a little scary. If you want a Tundra and can afford the gas get one now! FYI- the Double Cab has more headroom than the other Tundras. I had a 97 F150 and this thing blows it away. You can't beat Toyota trucks for resale either. I practically had to give my F150 away and I was glad to see it go.

Best truck of 5 owned
By Sal on 08/26/05 00:39 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Its the best truck of 5 that I've owned. Smooth, quiet, powerful, totally civilized. Perfect size for everyday use. The only draw back is that the floor is too high. Seating position is similar to a car and not a truck.

Very Happy
By Fatcat300 on 06/16/05 13:27 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I am very happy with my 04 tundra. It has great reliability, fun to drive. I was disappointed with the horsepower on the 04's but it still gets up and goes. I was happy to see that they ramped up the HP on the 05's. I am extremely happy with the redesigned cargo space in the bed and that is has a deeper design. I also enjoy the back window that rolls all the way down. All in all I have no complaints about this truck and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a well built, reliable, and economical truck.

Great Truck
By edw on 06/01/05 15:53 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Rides like a sedan not a truck. Very quiet and nice options like moon roof, great stereo system.