2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Style & Comfort
By joemuzz on 10/18/05 14:14 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd Stepside SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I loved it when I first saw it, and it went uphill from there! The optional leather captains chairs give great support and plenty of comfort. The numerous cup holders, pockets, and console storage bins and underseat tool storage areas are very convenient. The only down side is less than expected fuel economy. GREAT TRUCK!

great truck
By George on 09/06/05 21:48 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Toyota you just keep doing it!!!! I really enjoy driving this truck. low end torque is head snapping and as far as towing, it laughs at it load you want it to tow. If I must have a shortcoming about this truck I would say fuel economy at 14 miles to the gallon I wasn't much impressed. But don't let that stop you from owning one.

A Good Work Truck
By tvrehas on 03/21/05 10:37 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

The truck is solidly built and takes on construction sites with ease. The interior materials are top notch and the seats are very supportive. Though compared with other trucks the rear seat is tight and space to store items is scarce. Also, expected gas mileage on the highway to be better than 18 mpg.

No regrets
By Mike on 01/27/05 20:53 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my Tundra about a year ago, still love it as much as the day I drove off the lot. Smooth ride, silky V8, nice looks, good warranty, and overall solid feel to it. I test drove and rented others but they felt cheap. I rented an 04 Silverado (16K miles on it) and with the rattles, squeaks, and bumpy ride I thought it was going to fall apart. Why would the warranties on Ford & Chevy suck unless their trucks were low quality? As for Dodge 7yr/100K, you're just paying up front for the repairs. The Tundra is the best truck for the everyday person who does not haul extremely heavy loads.

Bad Suspension Noises
By NBradov on 01/07/05 11:47 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Tundra used with only 34000 miles on it and I also bought an extended warranty. Now at 36000 miles the rear leaf springs under the bed make popping and buckling sounds. Toyota dealership AND extended warranty company will not correct problem because they say nothing is "broken or damaged" - it's only "making noises" and they don't honor that for repair purposes. Truck is great otherwise - no problems, great power for towing. Very disappointed manufacturer won't correct this issue especially with $1500 extended warranty purchased!

Tundra
By cw9066 on 01/05/05 22:57 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I've had my truck about four months. The ride is excellent. Layout is very convenient. The mileage is about 15 mpg in mixed driving. Handling is pretty good for a truck, but my BMW drives better! Overall, I'm happy with my purchase and pleased with the quality.

great truck
By hoffman on 10/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited 4WD Stepside SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

wounderfull 4X4 great work truck

The educated consumer's choice
By jherdt on 09/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD Stepside SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

What a great truck. Unless you are towing a house, I don't see how anyone could find a better truck. How many of us are going to tow more than 7,000lbs? Just test drive the others.

Awsome
By K Bell on 09/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I love my 04 Tundra. It is such a smooth ride. I go driving for the hell of it just cause it is so fun to drive. The only thing that sucks is the fuel.

tundra problems
By matthew sitachitt on 08/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

we bought our tundra a year ago. ever since day one we had to jump start the car. we thought its ok because its bin sitting on the lot for a couple months. but ever since then it keeps doing it. we use it as a third car, so we drive it on weekends. but if we let it sit for 5-7 days we have to jump start it. I understand the computers in the car like the ABS is still on but i dont think it should die within 5 days. what happens if we leave it a the airport for 2-3 weeks and it dies what do we do. But otherwise its a fun car, we use to go everywhere until it wouldnt start anymore.