Used 2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab Consumer Reviews - 79 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Built to last
By Toyota Pride

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I own a V-6 but it has and does everything I need it to do. With today's gas prices, the V-6 comes in handy. I still get around 24 MPG while hauling a load of 1000 lbs. on the hwy. I'm very satisfied with my purchase and wouldn't think twice about buying another Tundra. Toyota, thanks for producing a reliable product that's worth my hard earned money.

Smooth ride and great on gas for a truck.

None right now since I know that the new V-6 with more power came out in 05/06 Tundras.

A good ride
By ajhasnow

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have now owned 2 Tundras and loved both of them. Comfortable ride, extremely dependable, peppy when needed, Service regularly and it performs well. A little crowded for a family of 5 when traveling far, but all seats are comfortable for full sized adults. Smoothest ride in a 4 wheel drive truck I have been in.

Simple display, plenty of gages, not lights, easy to drive. Radio features on the steering wheel. Love the back window drops completely into the back of the truck with an automatic button.

Could make some buttons easier to reach when driving. Need to work on the lack of storage space in side of truck.

Great pickup
By grocers

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

This pickup has been dependable, trouble free transportation. Most of the miles have been highway for me. It is very comfortable on long drives and performs well in different weather conditions.

Seats are comfortable and controls are easily reachable.

In my opinion the exterior style could be improved. Storage room under the back seat would be a great help.

Just a great truck
By Richard

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I was happy with my 2002 Tundra, but it was an access cab and I needed the D-cap easier access. The 2004 I have is a TRD and the handling difference between that and my 2002 SR5 is remarkably better. Cabin ride is very quiet and comfort is quite nice on long trips. The only problem I had was a bad battery which the dealer quickly replaced free. Had the same problem twice with my 2002. I'm nearing 50K and have had perfect service and dependibility. Until 1988, I never drove a Toyota. Since then, it's nothing but Toyotas for our family. Can't wait for the 2007! Hope it's not too big!

Simple dash and controls. Power rear window. Console storage. Back seat room and comfort. Double sun visors. Powerful headlights and foglamps. MPGs not bad either.

Better radio/CD player. Better armrests (they are too small). Larger sunglass storage compartment above mirror. Better battery. MOST important, NEED much better AC for us desert people!

Performance and reliability
By stanley szczurko

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent starting, road handling, and driving comfort during all seasons. never had mechanical problems. The only interior design flaw is the location of the windshield wiper control. I have accidently engaged it many times when making a turn.

Relocate the windshield wiper control. Relocate the cup holders. Their present location impairs access to dashboard controls. Replace the bedliner with one that is of anti-skid composition. Need more tie down hooks in bed area.