Used 2004 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

I love my Toyota!
By Keldawwg

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

When shopping for a new truck, my wife asked me to consider a Ford, because a friend could get us areally great deal on a Ford. No Way! I drive 35K miles a year, and I don't want a truck thatíll give me problems before it has 150,000 miles on it. My old Toyota has 197,000 miles on it, and except for maintenance my total repair bills have been $220. An EGR tube and speedo cable. American cars do not have the quality of a Toyota. Our friend with the Ford has had a lot of problems; power windows/power door locks, cruise control and brakes. Itís left him stranded on the side of the road twice! He doesn't have 50,000 miles on it, and he's buying a new Ford.

6 CD stereo system, rear seat room, pwr rear window, great ride, 8 cupholders, 5 power outlets, rear A/C vents, center console storage, roll up windows after you shut it off. Also, hit the starter it keeps cranking until the engine starts. Headlights turn off if left on.

More storage room under or behind the rear seats. I need to carry tire plugs and an air pump in case I pick up a nail, and jumper cables to help my friends with American trucks get them started. Fix the rear window so it'll go all the way up without stopping in the middle.

best truck ever made.
By beto

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

my truck is heavy duty.

2004 Tundra Double Cab
By skibum

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Vehicle feels solid on the road. Cabin is spacious. Controls are typical of foreign vehicle but could be desined better. Headlight control integrated in turn signal. I have had the headlights go off accidentally at night when I put on the turn signal. Wireless throttle control is not as smooth as it could be. Neither is the transmission. Turning radius is pathetic. Stock tires are not good in snow and. Engine power is more than adequate. Truck performs well offroad. I like the power rear window. 4WD system works well and is easy to use. Load capability is good. Overall, I like the truck.

Power rear window, 4WD system.

Improve turning radius.

Untouchable
By xscoobeex

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Iv'e driven nearly every type of pickup before I purchased the Tundra. The Tundra outmatches its competition as long as you're looking for a lightweight pickup. Because Toyota does not offer a 3/4 ton pickup that is the only reason it isn't the best compared in that category.

Quietness, Responsiveness, Turning radius, Quickness, Bench Seat a must (more comfortable as well as functional).

Totally satisfied couldn't can't think of any impovements.

Best light truck available today!
By Steve_in_Colorado

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The best ride and gas mileage of all the "full size" trucks I tested. Manages to have a full size bed and an excellent backseat for my kids. Car like handling with the ability to haul the small loads I use for work. Nice build quality and a good stereo system. We love the rear sliding window, no buffeting even at speed. The sunroof is huge, and there enough drink holders for 6 people.

Excellent ride, great backseat, nice stereo, full size deep bed (with 4 doors!), and nicely equipped. Well put together with simple and intuitive controls.

Average (at best) leather and seat heaters need improvement. The monochromatic paint on the Limited should be optional, I would prefer chrome bumpers and grill. Wheels are a pain to clean the little crevices. Should have 4 wheel disk brakes instead of rear drums.