2004 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
my tundra 4dr rocks
By johanna on 01/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck because I always wanted a toyota, but was just waiting for the full size version to come along. The wait was well worth it. It rides like a car, and inside is soo quiet. The stereo system is the stock 6 speaker, but puts out very well. Engine performance is awesome, although there seems to be a little lag when you first step on the gas. MAybe it's just my driving style. It does need better gripping tires to perform in a 4wd situation, because I have experienced a little slippage due to the slick road tires that come standard.

Good Truck
By BMTillman on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I really enjoy the handling and feel of this truck. It rides very smooth and takes bumps like a champ. Very roomy on the inside (reason we got it) everyone is comfortable in the both the front and back. Overall it's just an awesome truck. The only negative is it does like gas but if you want economy maybe you shouldn't look at full size trucks their all pretty much the same on gas.

Great toyota
By Lenny456h on 01/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I really love my toyota it is very fun to drive alot of people love it i feel really safe in it and its a awsome truck

TUNDRA DOUBLE CAB
By NEWTRUCKOWNER on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

THE ONLY BAD THING IS THE GAS TANK DOESN'T HAVE A LOCK. MY OLD TOYOTA TRUCK, TO GET TO THE GAS TANK YOU HAD TO UNLOCK IT WITH THE KEY. I FELT THAT WAS SAFER, THAN I KNEW, WHEN I LEFT WORK I STILL HAD MY GAS THAT I CAME TO WORK WITH. ANY SUGGESTIONS??

Tundra V-6
By cla_jo on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra 2dr Regular Cab Rwd LB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My Tundra has been very relaible. I use it mainly as a regular transportation vehicle. It is very rugged and capable of towing and hauling heavy loads. The interior is comfortable and well appointed. I think it is one of the best and most relaible trucks.

driving performance
By bfrel on 12/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

purchased a new 04 d- cab w\ aftermarket perf. tires & wheels. The foot print of the tires is so great that the veh. follows the road surface and pulls you into the opposing lanes of traffic. Met with the dist. rep. regarding this matter and was advised there was nothing that could be done to resolve this matter. I was never advised by the salesman nor the manager of this issue with these tires, if I had been I would not have pur. the veh. due to my family using this veh. as a primary mode of transport.

Tundra Fan
By Alpha Truck on 12/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This 4 DR. truck has nice pickup and rides as smooth as the top of the line Toyota cars. The motor has smooth acceleration and trans shifts smooth. Plenty of room in back for 3 plus the convience of a pickup for hauling whatever.

toyota tundra d-cab
By mr big red on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

toyota quality along with fun to drive front seat. roomy comfortable rear seats. talk to you in 10 years with the more important review.

Great Truck
By billy artic on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is great.I think everyone should get rid of there junk fords and gmcs and get the tundra.The tundra is the hottest truck out there.It drives and handles great.It is very good off road.I put lots of miles on and have no problems.If you had a gmc or ford you would have to replace many things after alot of miles.Overall it's a great truck as for the money and its reliability.

Like this truck
By Rob F on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I was really happy to get one of the first to roll into the dealer. It is a little under-powered for my towing needs, but when my supercharger is installed, look out hills !!!!