2004 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Toyota Tundra
By alskep on 04/08/08 08:32 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd LB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Truck rides very good for a pickup. A little bouncy but ride is close to that of a car. Solid truck construction. Handles great on the road.

Tundra 2 wd dr,reg cab
By Jlemma on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd LB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Outstanding truck. Decent gas milage for a six cylinder. Drives more like a car than a truck. Comfortable and for the most part gauges are well laid out except the clock, which is below the radio in the radio. Tis truck is quiet and is quite capable for towing and general hauling. The six banger is a little slow on the accleation but goes nicely once your up to speed. A/C is cold. Highly reccomended.

Great light duty truck!
By ImAPoet on 07/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd LB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2001; it's done everything I asked, including pulling a travel trailer over the highest passes in Colorado. But the engine performance is still marginal, and gas mileage is hard to tolerate (16-18mpg). All in all, though, I'll most likely look at a new Tundra when the time comes for another truck. I don't believe the American manufacturers can match the overall quality and reliability of Toyota.

Why Me
By joedown under on 02/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SR5 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Ugly and slow, hate the rear access. POOOOR 4x4. Wish I had bought a Chevrolet Colorado. P.S. POOOOR gas milage.

Tundra vs Dakota
By billmac50 on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd LB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I was dissapointed to find that Dodge no longer made a long bed Dakota. My dissapointment turned to excitement when I test drove the Tundra. Although it is larger than my Dakota, I found it much easier to handle. It engine was smaller 3.3 vs. 3.9, but it seemed to have more power. I anticipate keeping my Tundra for at least 10 years as I did my Dakota, and look forward to a long happy ownership. Now I won't have to worry abut the transmission because I know Toyota makes a good transmission. Dodge hasn't figured it out yet. My only dissapointment was the height which caused me to add runningboards. A minor item for such a great truck.

Tundra V-6
By cla_jo on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd LB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My Tundra has been very relaible. I use it mainly as a regular transportation vehicle. It is very rugged and capable of towing and hauling heavy loads. The interior is comfortable and well appointed. I think it is one of the best and most relaible trucks.

best truck ever drove
By maliky rose on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd LB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

drove toyota's 3rd world truck for years and never had problems when maintained. this truck is great. got it and have 30k already. it has only been in shop for oil changes. traded from explorer that had 9 recalls, 4 major parts replaced in 4 years. comfortable for me a large guy. good ride in bumpy backroads. i have used it to haul numerous loads and never felt it lag at all. a great truck for me!