2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Incredible quality
By Jay on 03/26/06 20:40 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Always performs and quality is second to none. Interior is roomy and very comfortable. Engine is powerful and smooth.

The Best Truck for the Buck ! ! !
By T-Man on 09/11/05 04:44 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

With the moonroof and all the windows open (including the back window) I feel as though I'm in a convertible. Awesome! Great stereo, fun to drive. I've owned many GM products and this far out-shines them in value and reliability. Far fewer problems. American vehicles (Ford & GM) have a lot more features than Toyota. However, quality and workmanship of the Toyota product is superior to American vehicles.

What a great truck
By Siebum on 10/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This has been a great truck, and like all Toyotas, a really well built vehicle. I drove chevy, ford, nissan, dodge, and none can compare. The Tundra gives you more room, better ride, better comfort for rear seat passengers, a really large moon roof, and that get rear sliding window. Coming from a Jeep Wrangler, I can tell you it is great to be able to roll all the windows (including the rear) completely down. Makes me feel like my jeep does with the top off. It might cost a little more than the others, but the peace of mind and the feeling of safety and comfort are well worth the extra cash.

Great truck - poor front seat
By alfomega on 07/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Tundra. My 2001, with ABS, skidded on a wet curve when I braked, and was totaled (I was hit by a Camry doing 50 - 60 mph and walked home!) This time I got the Vehicle Stability Control package, along with the Double Cab. I just love this vehicle (and I'm almost 60). I get 17.5 miles to a gallon in mixed city/freeway driving, but I drive sensibly - gas is $2.20 a gal. The driver's seat seems worse than the '01, though. The initial shifting also appears jerkier.

I love my Toyota!
By Keldawwg on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

When shopping for a new truck, my wife asked me to consider a Ford, because a friend could get us areally great deal on a Ford. No Way! I drive 35K miles a year, and I don't want a truck thatíll give me problems before it has 150,000 miles on it. My old Toyota has 197,000 miles on it, and except for maintenance my total repair bills have been $220. An EGR tube and speedo cable. American cars do not have the quality of a Toyota. Our friend with the Ford has had a lot of problems; power windows/power door locks, cruise control and brakes. Itís left him stranded on the side of the road twice! He doesn't have 50,000 miles on it, and he's buying a new Ford.

toyota
By emanon on 04/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

i have driven a toyota for years, and in coparison to a silverado, it handles much better, and has much more to give to the consumer.

Excellent Overall
By MMoore on 03/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I've only had my Limited Tundra for a few weeks now, but so far I love it! True, the gas mileage could be better, but the performance and ride are great. More options would be a plus. You can't get a sunroof AND seat heaters for some reason. I hate how you can't get factory options like leather, wood trim or rear seat entertainment systems because the port (GST) orders all of them without these options so they can sell and install their own aftermarket versions.

From Landcruiser to Dual cab Tundra
By Female owner on 02/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

One of the reasons I bought this truck was for the Landcruiser like ride and interior. After buying this truck my Landcruiser just sat in the garage. It has excellent power, handling and ride.

Dependable, quality ride!
By Touc on 02/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I like this truck because of it's smooth ride. I look forward to many years (hopefully) of dependability with this one. The bed is incredible, too. It is so big, it makes the hood of the truck look almost small. I won't have any problems loading up for family camping trips now. Not the greatest in accelleration, but smooth, quiet ride for a truck.

I love my Double Cab!!!!
By ohnine on 01/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have only had my new double cab for a week, but I love it. It's like having a luxury SUV with the convienience of a truck. I loved my double cab Tacoma, and this Tundra...it sure does turn some heads on the road.