Used 2004 Toyota Tundra Limited Double Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Incredible quality
By Jay

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Always performs and quality is second to none. Interior is roomy and very comfortable. Engine is powerful and smooth.

Favorite Features

Power rear window. Great sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Needs tighter turning radius. Exterior could use a more aggressive look, like the Tacoma. Should have a wood grain steering wheel option to spuce up the Limited Edition.

The Best Truck for the Buck ! ! !
By T-Man

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

With the moonroof and all the windows open (including the back window) I feel as though I'm in a convertible. Awesome! Great stereo, fun to drive. I've owned many GM products and this far out-shines them in value and reliability. Far fewer problems. American vehicles (Ford & GM) have a lot more features than Toyota. However, quality and workmanship of the Toyota product is superior to American vehicles.

Favorite Features

Style & design are beautiful. Very smooth ride. Great "pick-up" when passing other vehicles. All windows fully recess into the door. Sliding rear window. HUGE moonroof. 6-disc cd player w/ steering wheel controls is great. Very comfortable back seats. Locking tailgate.

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius. 13-mpg at best. Cabin needs better lighting. All switches need to be lighted. Leather drivers seat is wearing on side where seat adjustments are positioned. A/C cfm could be stronger. More options on "LIMITED" package should be standard. Better "information" system would help.

What a great truck
By Siebum

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This has been a great truck, and like all Toyotas, a really well built vehicle. I drove chevy, ford, nissan, dodge, and none can compare. The Tundra gives you more room, better ride, better comfort for rear seat passengers, a really large moon roof, and that get rear sliding window. Coming from a Jeep Wrangler, I can tell you it is great to be able to roll all the windows (including the rear) completely down. Makes me feel like my jeep does with the top off. It might cost a little more than the others, but the peace of mind and the feeling of safety and comfort are well worth the extra cash.

Favorite Features

I find the overall interior size was my favorite feature. The verticle sliding rear window and ex-large moon roof combo is a killer.....

Suggested Improvements

I would like a little better gas mileage, but it is as good as any other in its class. And class is what this truck is all about.

Great truck - poor front seat
By alfomega

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Tundra. My 2001, with ABS, skidded on a wet curve when I braked, and was totaled (I was hit by a Camry doing 50 - 60 mph and walked home!) This time I got the Vehicle Stability Control package, along with the Double Cab. I just love this vehicle (and I'm almost 60). I get 17.5 miles to a gallon in mixed city/freeway driving, but I drive sensibly - gas is $2.20 a gal. The driver's seat seems worse than the '01, though. The initial shifting also appears jerkier.

Favorite Features

The smooth, noiseless ride. The best fuel economy of the big trucks. The SAFETY of the Tundra!

Suggested Improvements

A more ergonomic driver's seat and a smoother shifting tranny - and this would be a dream ride.

I love my Toyota!
By Keldawwg

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

When shopping for a new truck, my wife asked me to consider a Ford, because a friend could get us areally great deal on a Ford. No Way! I drive 35K miles a year, and I don't want a truck thatíll give me problems before it has 150,000 miles on it. My old Toyota has 197,000 miles on it, and except for maintenance my total repair bills have been $220. An EGR tube and speedo cable. American cars do not have the quality of a Toyota. Our friend with the Ford has had a lot of problems; power windows/power door locks, cruise control and brakes. Itís left him stranded on the side of the road twice! He doesn't have 50,000 miles on it, and he's buying a new Ford.

Favorite Features

6 CD stereo system, rear seat room, pwr rear window, great ride, 8 cupholders, 5 power outlets, rear A/C vents, center console storage, roll up windows after you shut it off. Also, hit the starter it keeps cranking until the engine starts. Headlights turn off if left on.

Suggested Improvements

More storage room under or behind the rear seats. I need to carry tire plugs and an air pump in case I pick up a nail, and jumper cables to help my friends with American trucks get them started. Fix the rear window so it'll go all the way up without stopping in the middle.