Used 2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Great truck
By Archie Bowers

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The bad first : this thing drinks plenty of gas ! Now the good : bought spanking new in 2004. After 225,000 km Fluid changes, brakes, 3 rd set of Michelins, and a pricey right front bushing sealed unit. That's it ! Reliable, good looking, lots of space. This thing will go for another 10 years and another 225,000 easily and i'll bet reliably. What a great truck. Nicest i've owned to date and ive had plenty ! Can't figure why to change up to a new truck when this one owes me nothing, still looks fresh, and rides beautifully with 5 fully retracting windows incl. full rear window drop down, and a nice size moon roof. The big 3 cant offer that in a new truck for 50, 60, even 70 thousand $.

The best vehicle a guy could ever own !
By taz779

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck right off the lot in 2004. It was my DREAM truck. For years I watched waited and prayed that one day it would happen and it DID ! I think one of the sleekest design moves that Toyota did with Tubdra that year is the rear window that amazingly to this day I am still getting comments about. Goes all the way down !!! I love the way ppl are freaked out by this, in addition to this day ppl are still wanting to buy my truck. My final word I have had a very hard time coming to the decision untill this year which my mechanic helped me with I going to KEEP HER !!! My next DREAM VEHICLE is Toyota ( LAND CRUSIER) ...YES Go drive one today !

Favorite Features

Rear window Power going up hill

Suggested Improvements

Give more of a mean frontr and rear end design in addition to PLEASE MAKE A HYBRID ENGINE SOON !!!

04 Tundrea Double Cab SR5 4X4 - 214K Miles No Problem
By grace_524

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have a 2004 Tundra Double cab SR5 4X4. My truck has 214K miles on it and I've had no problems except small power steering leak but I simply add some power steering fluid every month. Great Truck!!!

Pleasure
By Devine

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Very enjoyable to drive. Rides better than my wife's van even for a 4wheel drive truck. Very quiet. Had to replace a carrier bearing in the rear end after 70000 miles then had to replace a water pump at 84000 miles. The dealership has done all the work and they have treated me with kid gloves. Other than that the truck lives up to what its suppose to be.

Favorite Features

Enjoy the cabin size the folding rear seats . Great idea to lower the rear window all the way down.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage and better placements of cup holders. Other than that they did a Quality job of building another Toyota Truck.

Excellent truck!
By GB

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This has been a great truck for all around use (family, hauling, towing). Owned a Ford prior and there is no comparison - the Tundra is far superior quality, design and workmanship.

Favorite Features

Exterior design, sliding rear window, ample room front and back, ride quality is excellent.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy for the 4wd.