2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
The best vehicle a guy could ever own !
By taz779 on 09/18/13 10:08 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck right off the lot in 2004. It was my DREAM truck. For years I watched waited and prayed that one day it would happen and it DID ! I think one of the sleekest design moves that Toyota did with Tubdra that year is the rear window that amazingly to this day I am still getting comments about. Goes all the way down !!! I love the way ppl are freaked out by this, in addition to this day ppl are still wanting to buy my truck. My final word I have had a very hard time coming to the decision untill this year which my mechanic helped me with I going to KEEP HER !!! My next DREAM VEHICLE is Toyota ( LAND CRUSIER) ...YES Go drive one today !

04 Tundrea Double Cab SR5 4X4 - 214K Miles No Problem
By grace_524 on 08/11/11 21:19 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have a 2004 Tundra Double cab SR5 4X4. My truck has 214K miles on it and I've had no problems except small power steering leak but I simply add some power steering fluid every month. Great Truck!!!

Pleasure
By Devine on 12/06/09 05:49 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Very enjoyable to drive. Rides better than my wife's van even for a 4wheel drive truck. Very quiet. Had to replace a carrier bearing in the rear end after 70000 miles then had to replace a water pump at 84000 miles. The dealership has done all the work and they have treated me with kid gloves. Other than that the truck lives up to what its suppose to be.

Excellent truck!
By GB on 05/15/09 19:17 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This has been a great truck for all around use (family, hauling, towing). Owned a Ford prior and there is no comparison - the Tundra is far superior quality, design and workmanship.

Most Versatile Vehicle I've ever owned
By Firemark on 01/11/09 02:24 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this new in Jan 04. Two of my most fav features are the power rear window that goes all the way down and the rear flip/fold seats that give a big floor area for storage. I always get 14 to 15 MPG. Never had a mechanical issue but at same time always have dealer service. Very comfortable ride, more like a luxury car or convertible with all the windows down and moonroof fully open. I get 30,000 miles on front disc brakes and first set of tires. I bought Triple-Tread 60k replacements that look new after 29,000 miles. Still no rattles after 5 full years. Just the right size for a light duty truck. Big enough but not a monster.

Best pick up of 11 I have owend
By a9mmauto on 07/26/08 22:05 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is a solid fun, and well built truck. I do some light towing, 3200 lbs no problem. I think this version is the best looking Toyota ever built. Off road amazing!

Buyer Beware
By pmaqua on 03/17/07 09:31 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Although this is a great driving and good looking truck, after just 3 years and 64000 miles it is falling apart. It is driven as a family car and is not used as a contractor's truck. 1st the overdrive sending unit went out at 61000. Next the limit slip differential broke after driving from a parking spot over a curb. Now the tranny is going! We bought a 100K bumper to bumper extended warranty from the dealer - NOT WORTH THE PAPER IT IS PRINTED ON!! I have had to pay for all repairs. So far over $3000. P.S. POOR gas mileage and eats tires - on 3rd set. Also on 3rd set of brake pads.

2004 Tundra 4WD Limited 4.7 L V8
By Coach on 02/20/07 20:30 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The truck has excellent ride and handling characteristics and is a joy to drive. No mechanical problems at all since truck was purchased in 2004. Have used it on many occasions to tow a large pop-up camper on camping trips from Pennsylvania to Florida, Maine, Tennessee, North & South Carolina, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia without a any issues. Handled great and had sufficient power to pull camper loaded with all equipment, food 4 kayaks and 4 bikes. Comfortably fit entire family of 4 including our golden reteiver. Would not recommend trailing anything greater than 6,000 lbs. GVWR. Mileage could be better but no worse than my previous 2001 GMC Sierra extended cab.

SIlver Hoss
By SIlver on 12/03/06 03:34 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Very becoming lines. Sits high on 17 inch wheels/Michelins with heavy duty tow package. 2 wheel drive with stability control (like positraction). Great towing power, traction and stability in a 2 wheel drive. Ride is firm and well-dampened. Feels great fully loaded, towing, and empty. Excellent interior appointments. Very high build quality.

Remarkable truck!
By jsa on 09/08/06 09:46 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I picked up my 2004 Tundra Double Cab SR5 V8 3 weeks ago. It had 24k miles on it and is in excellent condition in and out. I was able to work the dealer over on the price, and got it for exactly what I was willing to pay. Two grand under KBB. I would like to share my initial impressions. First, the truck's ride is extraordinary. It is smooth and extremely quiet. It rides like a Lexus. The handling is nice, but somewhat loose. It is no effort to carry on a low conversation with backseat passengers at highway speed. Controls are in easy reach and the JBL stereo sounds great. Doors close with a solid thump that inspires a secure feeling. Best ext. styling in it's class, IMO. Would buy again.