Used 2004 Toyota Tundra Limited Access Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Love My Tuindra!
By Ron Ballard

great truck
By George

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Toyota you just keep doing it!!!! I really enjoy driving this truck. low end torque is head snapping and as far as towing, it laughs at it load you want it to tow. If I must have a shortcoming about this truck I would say fuel economy at 14 miles to the gallon I wasn't much impressed. But don't let that stop you from owning one.

power back window, the way all instruments are placed and how you can access most anything from the drivers seat

just what I wrote above

No regrets
By Mike

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my Tundra about a year ago, still love it as much as the day I drove off the lot. Smooth ride, silky V8, nice looks, good warranty, and overall solid feel to it. I test drove and rented others but they felt cheap. I rented an 04 Silverado (16K miles on it) and with the rattles, squeaks, and bumpy ride I thought it was going to fall apart. Why would the warranties on Ford & Chevy suck unless their trucks were low quality? As for Dodge 7yr/100K, you're just paying up front for the repairs. The Tundra is the best truck for the everyday person who does not haul extremely heavy loads.

Nice V8, smooth ride, stylish, overall build quality.

Access cab needs to be a little roomier, doulble cab is a lot better.

tundra problems
By matthew sitachitt

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

we bought our tundra a year ago. ever since day one we had to jump start the car. we thought its ok because its bin sitting on the lot for a couple months. but ever since then it keeps doing it. we use it as a third car, so we drive it on weekends. but if we let it sit for 5-7 days we have to jump start it. I understand the computers in the car like the ABS is still on but i dont think it should die within 5 days. what happens if we leave it a the airport for 2-3 weeks and it dies what do we do. But otherwise its a fun car, we use to go everywhere until it wouldnt start anymore.

great quality, the sound system is pretty nice. the RDS radio is cool too. Quite quiet at high speeds.

Better gas mileage, a 5 speed automatic, side airbags, navigation system. dual zone climate control more rear seat room in access cab. power passenger seat with lumbar.

What You'd Expect From Toyota
By terenitup

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Solid. Reliable. Well thought out. Just about everything is right--fit and finish, quality of materials. I expect to drive this for a LONG time.

Power rear window. Stereo is surprisingly good for a truck. Same goes for the overall comfort.

Rear doors that open all the way, like Nissan Titan. Improved fuel economy.

• SUV