Used 2004 Toyota Tundra SR5 Access Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Built to last
By Toyota Pride

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I own a V-6 but it has and does everything I need it to do. With today's gas prices, the V-6 comes in handy. I still get around 24 MPG while hauling a load of 1000 lbs. on the hwy. I'm very satisfied with my purchase and wouldn't think twice about buying another Tundra. Toyota, thanks for producing a reliable product that's worth my hard earned money.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride and great on gas for a truck.

Suggested Improvements

None right now since I know that the new V-6 with more power came out in 05/06 Tundras.

Great pickup
By grocers

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

This pickup has been dependable, trouble free transportation. Most of the miles have been highway for me. It is very comfortable on long drives and performs well in different weather conditions.

Favorite Features

Seats are comfortable and controls are easily reachable.

Suggested Improvements

In my opinion the exterior style could be improved. Storage room under the back seat would be a great help.

A Good Work Truck
By tvrehas

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

The truck is solidly built and takes on construction sites with ease. The interior materials are top notch and the seats are very supportive. Though compared with other trucks the rear seat is tight and space to store items is scarce. Also, expected gas mileage on the highway to be better than 18 mpg.

Favorite Features

Suspension system, radio, interior material quality.

Suggested Improvements

Enlarge Cab to improve rear seat legroom, need space under rear seat, better gas mileage out of a V6.

Good Everyday Commute Truck
By OAZ

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased the model with bench seats. It has a fold down center console with plenty of storage space, xtra cup holders. Overall, a great everday truck to commute to work. The V6 has plenty of power for merging/passing on Hwy. I have'nt towed anything yet. The truck is comfortable and all interior gadgets are easily accessible. A couple of concerns: Don't leave a phone charger connected to the outlet, I experienced hessitation when starting the engine. Poorly designed back doors, they should open like front doors, design makes it difficult to get in and out. Lastly, the brake rotors warping. My 2004 is fine, but other owners 2000-2003 have many complaints

Favorite Features

Well designed interior, air condition, radio etc. are easily accessible. Well designed and proven V6 engine. The engine has been used for years in their 4 runners and T100 without any problems. Plenty of power. Good looking truck, other trucks look to space age or funky.

Suggested Improvements

The poor design of the back doors. Their design make it a pain in the but for rear passengers. Brake Rotor design 2000-2003 models. Toyota is not taking care of their customers brake issues. They are having to pay out of their own pocket for design flaws. I hope 04 models are fine.

Love my Tundra
By animeTinkerbell

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

This truck drives very nice, it is very comfortable, good on gas, and very fun to drive in! I would never buy any other kind of truck exspecially a ford.

Favorite Features

Great Sound system, body style, interior, and the seats are comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any. I am happy with everything.