Used 2004 Toyota Tundra Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

great truck
By George

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Toyota you just keep doing it!!!! I really enjoy driving this truck. low end torque is head snapping and as far as towing, it laughs at it load you want it to tow. If I must have a shortcoming about this truck I would say fuel economy at 14 miles to the gallon I wasn't much impressed. But don't let that stop you from owning one.

Favorite Features

power back window, the way all instruments are placed and how you can access most anything from the drivers seat

Suggested Improvements

just what I wrote above

No regrets
By Mike

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my Tundra about a year ago, still love it as much as the day I drove off the lot. Smooth ride, silky V8, nice looks, good warranty, and overall solid feel to it. I test drove and rented others but they felt cheap. I rented an 04 Silverado (16K miles on it) and with the rattles, squeaks, and bumpy ride I thought it was going to fall apart. Why would the warranties on Ford & Chevy suck unless their trucks were low quality? As for Dodge 7yr/100K, you're just paying up front for the repairs. The Tundra is the best truck for the everyday person who does not haul extremely heavy loads.

Favorite Features

Nice V8, smooth ride, stylish, overall build quality.

Suggested Improvements

Access cab needs to be a little roomier, doulble cab is a lot better.

tundra problems
By matthew sitachitt

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

we bought our tundra a year ago. ever since day one we had to jump start the car. we thought its ok because its bin sitting on the lot for a couple months. but ever since then it keeps doing it. we use it as a third car, so we drive it on weekends. but if we let it sit for 5-7 days we have to jump start it. I understand the computers in the car like the ABS is still on but i dont think it should die within 5 days. what happens if we leave it a the airport for 2-3 weeks and it dies what do we do. But otherwise its a fun car, we use to go everywhere until it wouldnt start anymore.

Favorite Features

great quality, the sound system is pretty nice. the RDS radio is cool too. Quite quiet at high speeds.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage, a 5 speed automatic, side airbags, navigation system. dual zone climate control more rear seat room in access cab. power passenger seat with lumbar.

What You'd Expect From Toyota
By terenitup

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Solid. Reliable. Well thought out. Just about everything is right--fit and finish, quality of materials. I expect to drive this for a LONG time.

Favorite Features

Power rear window. Stereo is surprisingly good for a truck. Same goes for the overall comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Rear doors that open all the way, like Nissan Titan. Improved fuel economy.

Tundra is Great
By thomasadcock

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I disagree with the numbers toyota says about the towing cap. I tow a trailer that ways just over 10000 pounds five days a week and not a hint of arguement from this truck. I have also had 1800 pounds of aluminum in the bed of this truck and no problems as of yet (with 20000 miles of this on a stock truck)

Favorite Features

definantely its reliablity

Suggested Improvements

goes through tires and brakes pretty quickly, but that could have something to do with the way I drive it.