2004 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
great truck
By George on 09/06/05 21:48 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Toyota you just keep doing it!!!! I really enjoy driving this truck. low end torque is head snapping and as far as towing, it laughs at it load you want it to tow. If I must have a shortcoming about this truck I would say fuel economy at 14 miles to the gallon I wasn't much impressed. But don't let that stop you from owning one.

No regrets
By Mike on 01/27/05 20:53 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my Tundra about a year ago, still love it as much as the day I drove off the lot. Smooth ride, silky V8, nice looks, good warranty, and overall solid feel to it. I test drove and rented others but they felt cheap. I rented an 04 Silverado (16K miles on it) and with the rattles, squeaks, and bumpy ride I thought it was going to fall apart. Why would the warranties on Ford & Chevy suck unless their trucks were low quality? As for Dodge 7yr/100K, you're just paying up front for the repairs. The Tundra is the best truck for the everyday person who does not haul extremely heavy loads.

tundra problems
By matthew sitachitt on 08/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

we bought our tundra a year ago. ever since day one we had to jump start the car. we thought its ok because its bin sitting on the lot for a couple months. but ever since then it keeps doing it. we use it as a third car, so we drive it on weekends. but if we let it sit for 5-7 days we have to jump start it. I understand the computers in the car like the ABS is still on but i dont think it should die within 5 days. what happens if we leave it a the airport for 2-3 weeks and it dies what do we do. But otherwise its a fun car, we use to go everywhere until it wouldnt start anymore.

What You'd Expect From Toyota
By terenitup on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Solid. Reliable. Well thought out. Just about everything is right--fit and finish, quality of materials. I expect to drive this for a LONG time.

Tundra is Great
By thomasadcock on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I disagree with the numbers toyota says about the towing cap. I tow a trailer that ways just over 10000 pounds five days a week and not a hint of arguement from this truck. I have also had 1800 pounds of aluminum in the bed of this truck and no problems as of yet (with 20000 miles of this on a stock truck)

BEST TRUCK EVER
By SPYDER on 04/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

THE NEW TUNDRA DOUBLE CAB HAS BEEN THE BEST VEHICLE I HAVE EVER OWNED.IT PROVIDES COMFORT AND SAFETY WITHOUT COMPROMISSING STYLE.

Wouldn't Drive Anything Else!
By Yoyta Girl on 04/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

My husband passed away 3 months before I bought my Tundra. I wanted something dependable and able to handle anything I had to do. This truck has been exceptional. It is a black, limited, TRD. LOADED! I get more compliments on it all the time. I'm known around these parts as "Yota Girl". Your financing and service are outstanding in every way.

TRQ
By pjd on 04/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Quiet, comfortable, great pickup power

This car kicks butt!!
By vinnie on 01/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I owen a silverado before and the difference is unbelivabe. It is more comfortable, drives smoother, handles better, and much more.

Toyota and Cheverlot
By morganberiault on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Loved it. It works almost as good as a cheverlot