Used 2004 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Great truck
By Archie Bowers

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The bad first : this thing drinks plenty of gas ! Now the good : bought spanking new in 2004. After 225,000 km Fluid changes, brakes, 3 rd set of Michelins, and a pricey right front bushing sealed unit. That's it ! Reliable, good looking, lots of space. This thing will go for another 10 years and another 225,000 easily and i'll bet reliably. What a great truck. Nicest i've owned to date and ive had plenty ! Can't figure why to change up to a new truck when this one owes me nothing, still looks fresh, and rides beautifully with 5 fully retracting windows incl. full rear window drop down, and a nice size moon roof. The big 3 cant offer that in a new truck for 50, 60, even 70 thousand $.

The best vehicle a guy could ever own !
By taz779

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck right off the lot in 2004. It was my DREAM truck. For years I watched waited and prayed that one day it would happen and it DID ! I think one of the sleekest design moves that Toyota did with Tubdra that year is the rear window that amazingly to this day I am still getting comments about. Goes all the way down !!! I love the way ppl are freaked out by this, in addition to this day ppl are still wanting to buy my truck. My final word I have had a very hard time coming to the decision untill this year which my mechanic helped me with I going to KEEP HER !!! My next DREAM VEHICLE is Toyota ( LAND CRUSIER) ...YES Go drive one today !

Favorite Features

Rear window Power going up hill

Suggested Improvements

Give more of a mean frontr and rear end design in addition to PLEASE MAKE A HYBRID ENGINE SOON !!!

Great truck!
By vetitcomb

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this truck new on January 4th of 2004, and I have not had a single problem. I have 120,000 miles on it, and it still runs like new. It is a little slow, but that is expected with a 3.4 in this size of a truck. I would definitely recommend a Tundra to anyone looking for a good used vehicle.

Favorite Features

Decent fuel economy, reliability.

04 Tundrea Double Cab SR5 4X4 - 214K Miles No Problem
By grace_524

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have a 2004 Tundra Double cab SR5 4X4. My truck has 214K miles on it and I've had no problems except small power steering leak but I simply add some power steering fluid every month. Great Truck!!!

Nice truck!
By tnydtger

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought it with 60,000 miles 2004. The car runs smooth, you would think your driving a lexus sedan not a pick up truck. I love the outside looks, much better and sleek then the new tundra. Downsides, 2 weeks after i got it needed new battery,brakes,positive terminal, starter. I purchased the warranty which is a good idea. Seems like little things will go wrong on this truck, but nothing major. All in all great buy. I love the V6 good on gas, but not great. I average 10 mpg city 14 hwy.

Favorite Features

outside looks, and the drive comfort, most comfortable truck

Suggested Improvements

better rims, eeew.