2004 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
The best vehicle a guy could ever own !
By taz779 on 09/18/13 10:08 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck right off the lot in 2004. It was my DREAM truck. For years I watched waited and prayed that one day it would happen and it DID ! I think one of the sleekest design moves that Toyota did with Tubdra that year is the rear window that amazingly to this day I am still getting comments about. Goes all the way down !!! I love the way ppl are freaked out by this, in addition to this day ppl are still wanting to buy my truck. My final word I have had a very hard time coming to the decision untill this year which my mechanic helped me with I going to KEEP HER !!! My next DREAM VEHICLE is Toyota ( LAND CRUSIER) ...YES Go drive one today !

Great truck!
By vetitcomb on 05/26/13 21:23 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this truck new on January 4th of 2004, and I have not had a single problem. I have 120,000 miles on it, and it still runs like new. It is a little slow, but that is expected with a 3.4 in this size of a truck. I would definitely recommend a Tundra to anyone looking for a good used vehicle.

04 Tundrea Double Cab SR5 4X4 - 214K Miles No Problem
By grace_524 on 08/11/11 21:19 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have a 2004 Tundra Double cab SR5 4X4. My truck has 214K miles on it and I've had no problems except small power steering leak but I simply add some power steering fluid every month. Great Truck!!!

Nice truck!
By tnydtger on 06/03/11 13:58 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought it with 60,000 miles 2004. The car runs smooth, you would think your driving a lexus sedan not a pick up truck. I love the outside looks, much better and sleek then the new tundra. Downsides, 2 weeks after i got it needed new battery,brakes,positive terminal, starter. I purchased the warranty which is a good idea. Seems like little things will go wrong on this truck, but nothing major. All in all great buy. I love the V6 good on gas, but not great. I average 10 mpg city 14 hwy.

Great Vehicle
By Nick on 02/23/10 07:38 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD Stepside SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

It was my dads truck and he was meticulous about taking care of it and getting oil changes. Truck is spacious with a huge back seat. It goes to show, if you know how to drive and take care of a vehicle, you wont have problems.

Pleasure
By Devine on 12/06/09 05:49 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Very enjoyable to drive. Rides better than my wife's van even for a 4wheel drive truck. Very quiet. Had to replace a carrier bearing in the rear end after 70000 miles then had to replace a water pump at 84000 miles. The dealership has done all the work and they have treated me with kid gloves. Other than that the truck lives up to what its suppose to be.

Number 1
By obucko on 05/23/09 13:31 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best vehicle I've ever had... No contest. Too bad they didn't continue making these. Zero mechanical problems and exterior finish still like new. Rides and drives like a car.

Excellent truck!
By GB on 05/15/09 19:17 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This has been a great truck for all around use (family, hauling, towing). Owned a Ford prior and there is no comparison - the Tundra is far superior quality, design and workmanship.

Most Versatile Vehicle I've ever owned
By Firemark on 01/11/09 02:24 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this new in Jan 04. Two of my most fav features are the power rear window that goes all the way down and the rear flip/fold seats that give a big floor area for storage. I always get 14 to 15 MPG. Never had a mechanical issue but at same time always have dealer service. Very comfortable ride, more like a luxury car or convertible with all the windows down and moonroof fully open. I get 30,000 miles on front disc brakes and first set of tires. I bought Triple-Tread 60k replacements that look new after 29,000 miles. Still no rattles after 5 full years. Just the right size for a light duty truck. Big enough but not a monster.

Built to last
By Toyota Pride on 10/03/08 09:02 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I own a V-6 but it has and does everything I need it to do. With today's gas prices, the V-6 comes in handy. I still get around 24 MPG while hauling a load of 1000 lbs. on the hwy. I'm very satisfied with my purchase and wouldn't think twice about buying another Tundra. Toyota, thanks for producing a reliable product that's worth my hard earned money.