Nicest car I have ever owned
By Michael on
2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)
Greatest vehicle ever. Incredible power, not too shabby mpg for a V8. When I first bought it, I drove from Utah to Nebraska and back climbing through Wyoming, fighting strong headwinds and side winds traveling 85 to 105 mph. This truck never missed a beat and got 18 mpg. The only other time I calculated mileage was 2 years ago hauling a 4,000 lb. trailer from Utah to Indiana. I got 10 mpg, but I had no trouble keeping it at 80 to 85 even going up steep inclines. Other than the fact that it needs a new windshield now and the shocks aren't brand new, it still drives like a brand new truck even with 105,000 miles on it. Only regret: not buying leather interior. I never want to sell this truck!
Favorite Features
Still feels, sounds, accelerates, and cruises like a brand new truck with more miles on it than I ever got out of any vehicle made by the "Big 3." Has never needed anything other than routine maintenance and a new heater control knob. Extremely comfortable in the front seats even on long trips.
Suggested Improvements
More comfortable back seat, bigger towing capacity (both of which are available in later models). Also, would like full-sized 8-foot bed with access cab model. And of course, it seems that no review of a V8-powered vehicle would be complete without a request for better gas mileage. So, improved MPG.