2003 Toyota Tundra Consumer Review: Not good with kids

2003 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Review

SR5 Access Cab (3.4L V6 5-speed Manual 6.2 ft. Bed)

Not good with kids
By stephanie on

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

This truck is not good for kids and small children. There is not enough room for two car seats to sit side-by-side. That means there is wasted space in the middle. My kids' legs are crammed against our seats. I have hit my head in there numerous times getting them into the truck. The door design is horrible. If you park close to another car, you are sure to hit another car with the door getting your kids out. There isn't anything wrong with this truck if you don't have children. It's a good, reliable vehicle, but it's just not compatible with small children in car seats.

The vehicle is reliable. It is a sturdy vehicle. I haven't had any problems with our truck.

Door design needs improvement. It's not practical when parking in tight spots, as you are sure to hit the other cars with the door. It's practically impossible to get an infant carseat out of the truck with the door design.