Not what they used to be...
By RickThompson2 on
2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)
I bought my truck brand new in march of '02. I heard good things in the past about toyota but soon found they couldnt handle the load of a worktruck like an american pickup. Paid 26,500 for my SR5 4x4 V8.. bad decision. While traveling though new mexico at 4800 miles my axle wentt bad in the rear, started to whine and went out, had to be towed.. at 28000 my transfer case wouldnt shift into 4x4 and started to grind, left me stranded in the mud looking like a fool, it was defective, my stereo soon went out, along with my passenger window.. im no complainer so i overlooked all those ridiculous problems, then at 42k my brakes failed and at 75k my tranny was slipping like ive never seen.
Favorite Features
not sure.. the 4x4 was good after it was repaired.. ok looking truck, still not up to par with the beasts out of detroit.
Suggested Improvements
quality control, needs more power, couldnt pull my 8k trailer up tehachapi doing more than 15mph, put a new tranny in it.. just too many problems for a truck of that price.. sold it for 14k in 2005 and bought a chevy, best choice i made.