2003 Toyota Tundra Consumer Review: Excellent All-Round Truck

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab - Consumer Review

Excellent All-Round Truck
By chichitao on

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This has been an excellent truck. Bought it brand new in 3/03 and have not had it in for any kind of repairs what-so-ever. I have used it for all sorts of things...around town, travelling long distances, hauling light and heavy loads. No problems with the paint as others have mentioned...however, I keep mine in the garage when possible and wax it at least twice per year. The gas mileage, while not great compared to a car, is better than any truck or even SUV i've ever had. I avg 16mpg, and that is mostly city driving (range is 13-21). Excellent build quality and ride from a truck. Take care of your vehicle and it will take care of you!

Favorite Features

Power is great in this truck, good for hauling or passing. I love the size of it and the looks. Its big enough for me, but isn't massive like most other truck makers. This is an almost perfect truck in my opinion.

Suggested Improvements

Some complain about the back seats...they are small but you could tell that when you bought it. Its perfect for me b/c I use that space as cargo space. Interior is a little bland, but as one user stated he prefers the Amish look for a truck...i agree. Trucks arent meant to be pretty!