Car like truck
By Randall j on
2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)
I don't really like trucks of any kind as they all handle poorly and waste gas. However, as a Fabricator/Designer I need a truck to pick-up materials and deliver the finished product. I have owned this truck for almost two years with no problems of any kind. It has never failed to perform even when loaded to capacity. The V-6 engine isn't fast but it is strong and steady. The truck has a car-like smoothness and quiet ride that rivals many cars I've driven. It handles good and better than any other truck I've driven. Fit and finish are very good and the truck is just the right size to take into urban areas; easy to park and maneuver.
Favorite Features
Car-like ride, good build quality, good handling and sensible interior layout. Bed depth is just right and little features like a lockable gas cap and gate are appreciated.
Suggested Improvements
I would like to see a small Diesel engine available-around 175HP with lots of torque and 25 mpg. The truck needs more configurations, crew cab,long bed, and a bare bones access cab model would be nice.