2003 Toyota Tundra Consumer Review: At 32k mi, this is what I have

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab - Consumer Review

At 32k mi, this is what I have to say
By Mister_T on

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Owned since aug 03 and now at end of lease term. Chose to keep. I'll skip what has been covered. Turn radius is awful, 45 feet... takes 4 and a half lanes to make a U turn. Still just too small. Add 5 more inches it will make a world of diff. Gas mileage on my v6 is not very good. Very comfortable. I use for long hwy trips and never need to stop to stretch. A serious work truck? Yes. Work truck capabilities? No. Styling on 03 looks too imported. Paint not too good. V6 is SLOW! No mech probs. No chk eng. No plastic parts falling off. As good as it gets.

Favorite Features

Comfy w/ cap chairs. I like suicide doors. Height above ground is very good. Smooth ride. Actually handles well on windy mtn rds. Crossed a river and engine continued to run! Storage space is great w/ console. Fun. Fuel tank decent size despite poor mileage. Interior well laid out. Nice big buttons.

Suggested Improvements

Turning circle, HP on V6 bad. Go back to previous body/grill style. Better A/C, Make a v8 with 5 spd manual. Make an access or crew cab with 8 ft bed. Add a few inches.