Used 2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Great Truck
By jth0323

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd Stepside SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Very nice truck. I tow an 18 foot boat through the Colorado mountains, without trouble. Always get prase from others about the truck. The Toyota service has been good. I really like this truck

Favorite Features

motor and style

Consumer Reports is dead right
By TRDTundra

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

What a great truck. Don't believe the BS about how this truck doesn't tow like the domestic counterparts. I have the factory towing package and this truck tows my 21 foot Bass Boat like it wasn't even hooked up back there. Drives and rides very smooth, almost like a quality sedan. Of course, it also has Toyota reliability and warranty.

Favorite Features

Styling is wonderful. Very agressive and also sporty.

Suggested Improvements

I have heard folks having problems with the front brakes. I have not experienced this myself, so hopefully Toyota has remedied this problem on my model year truck.

Toyota Tundra
By getty

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd Stepside SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Bought mine used. The truck has been very easy to own. Toyota really makes good trucks. Engine on my stepside is a smooth revving V8, feels like a luxury car when you drive it. Fuel economy seem less than what is on specs but acceleration is very brisk you know the power is there. I love it.

Favorite Features

Good acceleration, accommodating cockpit

Suggested Improvements

Poor fuel economy, dash mount of clock is too low you have to take your eyes off the road to check.

Solid Truck
By Ken

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I really love my Tundra. I recommend this vehicle to anyone who wants a reliable and solid pickup. The access cab is comfortable for most everyone. I do notice that 6' plus guys are cramped in the back, but everyone else is fine. The only drawback is for the stereo crowd. It's a pain to fit 12" subs in this truck. I had to put in two 8" subs under the rear seats. If you don't care about the low lows this truck is solid. Electronics and alarm are perfect. Paint is pretty good. Not easily scratched. Motor is Toyota... what else do you have to say.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is all the details in the electronics that just work like the lights that turn off when you open the door and the keyless entry.

Suggested Improvements

If I had to improve anything I would suggest working with some of the after market add ons. Some truck toys are harder to get since there are so many Chevy and Fords running around.

V6 can tow it.
By Toy owner

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

V6 tows boat and 21 Ft Travel Trailer with no problems at all

Favorite Features

Gas milage and fit and finish

Suggested Improvements

Lumbar support in seat