Used 2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

TUNDRA
By MNU

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The Tundra Access Cab V8 may not have that great gas milage, but the looks and power bring you to a whole new driving experience. I love it and will always buy TOYOTA!

V8 Engine and Handling

More room for access cab passengers. Improve gas mileage.

Solid Truck
By Chris

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd Stepside SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have always been a car guy but since I moved into my first house, the need for a truck had become quite apparent. Overall, I really like the truck, the appearance is what initially sold me on this particular model. In the few months since I bought the truck, gas prices have soared and unfortuantly I am only getting about 17 mpg (and that is with an Cold Air Intake installed on the truck). I have not had any problems thus far with the truck. Very reliable Pros: Fun to drive, Loose back end makes corners fun (equipped with LSD), nice acceleration, nice appearance. Cons: Fuel economy, loose back end, paint job is kinda cheap, engine bay gets dirty quickly. Overall happy, but miss my car

Limited Slip Diff, Fog Lights, Stock Brush Guard, Lots of Chrome accents makes the truck very attractive. Added intake system makes truck have a very throaty acceleration sound. Truck also handles very nicely, they did a nice job with the TRD Sport Suspension Package, its a truck but handles well

Better fuel economy, Stereo needs some upgrading, more hp (which the new models have). Not too much needed

General
By Bob

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned over 15 different trucks and this is by far the best 1/2 ton truck I've ever owned.

Suicide doors for cab access and interior cargo capacity in the event of adverse weather.

The only suggestion I have is to make a working class model with rubber floor coverings and stronger seat covers.

Solid, all-around truck
By Fester

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

If you don't need a heavy-duty work truck, this is the pickup truck for you. The V8 is a good compromise between power and gas mileage--if you're lightly-loaded. It has a smooth, quiet ride, high build quality and (so far) excellent reliability.

Ride quality, smooth power delivery, reasonable price with rebates, etc.

Increase rear-seat room in the extended cab model, more power is always desired.

Excellent
By Dan-o

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

If you're looking for quality, reliability and value, get a Tundra. I'll take the gas mileage 16-19 anyday for the value and the low maintenance costs. Truly a well-built vehicle. Drivetrain is smooth and powerful. This should tell you all about Toyota engineering: they use 6 quarts of oil in the crank compared to 4 and 5 from everyone else. Get the towing package; if nothing else, you get the HD tranny with aux. cooler. The drivetrain will last forever. No regrets.

Lexus V-8. Sweet growl, smooth and extremely quick.

TINY back seats. Unless you have little ones, the back is not for passengers.