2003 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Bogatti's TRD
By Bogatti on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great Truck, Don't just get a Ford, like every other weenie. Get a Tundra (this dog will hunt).

Toyota Tundra, one great truck
By Bobtoyota on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The Tundra feels/drives very solid, no rattles or sqeaks and does not drive like a big truck. Excellent braking and acceleration. The interior fit and finish is high quality. The front seat does not have enough leg room for a 6 foot man and the back seat is very small.

class of the class
By Mantis on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

It is nice not to know any service writers although Precision is a great dealership. The truck rides better than the Avalon and hauls what I need it to. Most of the larger trucks, the so called heavy duty, are great for just that, however, the majority of the miles call for comfort and reliability.

Outstanding Truck
By D Hanna on 12/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought this used with 22,000 miles and am amazed at what a fine vehicle it is. Did have a Tacoma with 145000 miles prior to this truck and expect this will be drivable for a long, long time. Thanks Toyota.

Great Truck
By C-J on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is an all-around excellent vehicle. I would buy another without a second thought, but i don't expect to any time soon. I use it to haul loads of construction material and debris. I also haul a 20ft fishing boat and have no complaints what so ever. Other than the fuel economy, i cannot say one bad thing about it. The rear seats are fairly roomie for passengers

Suicide Doors were a mistake!!!
By intuit4fun on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd Stepside SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

While looking at this truck it never crossed my mind that the suicide doors would be such a problem. Imagine trying to put groceries or anything you've purchased in the back seats in a crowded parking lot... You have to open the doors and be inbetween them...

BACK to GM NEXT TIME
By jovo on 12/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Truck leans to one side,Bed misaligned with Cab, Toyota Factory Rep. claims it is "Normal Variation In Manufacturing Tolerances". I think they repaired the one they used in the "Rhino" comercial on TV or dropped it off the car transporter and then sold it to me. Transmisson can't decide which gear it wants to be in. Noisiest brakes I have ever had. Cheep cloth interior. Jittery ride, Noisy, Gas mileage much worse than stated on window sticker, Uncomfortable Captain's chairs and driving position. Chippy paint, I only rated it a One because a ZERO was not a option. Not a real Truck. A poor excuse for a $30,000+ window sticker.

I LOVE MY TUNDRA
By SHERI on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I like the fact that my truck is full size but not...... It is easy to maneuver which is something I was worried about coming from a Honda Civic. I think it is very comfortable atleast the front seats are. I have the bench seat in the front (the middle seat where the arm rest goes up isn't all that comfy). The back seat is comfortable and roomy for people under 6', but I wouldn't recommend it for anyone on long roadtrips. The back seat is very "L" shaped, no recline or bucket to it at all.

Japanese' trucks the best!
By Stevenon on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

i got it at $22k, $6500 off MSRP. all powered, + lots of options, smooth v8 with my free and strong dual- exhaust from the dealer. who can beat this price??? I drove a mustang before that, I guess that'll be my last domestic vehicle I ever purchased.

Perfect
By cp on 12/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I love this truck I can do anything with it.