2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Tundra Limited Best of the Best
By porsche on 05/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is everything I wanted in a full sized pickup. It has plenty of power, and the tan leather interior is beautiful, matching the interior of many luxury cars. I would buy it again.

SURPRISING POWER
By JSMUDD on 05/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD Stepside SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

BOUGHT THIS TRUCK A FEW MONTHS AGO WITH 5000 MILES.I LOOKED AT BUYING A CHEVY SILVERADO BUT THE DESIGN OF THE STEPSIDE CAUGHT MY EYE. UPON DRIVING THE TUNDRA I WAS SURPRISED AT THE POWER IT HAD, ESPECIALLY DURING ACELLERATION. IT IS FUN TO DRIVE. THE GRAY PEARL PAINT IS REALLY NICE! THIS TRUCK HAS MORE GET UP AND GO THAN MY HUSBANDS CHEVY 1500 TRUCK WITH A V 8 5.3 ENGINE.I JUST SOLD MY 2000 TOYOTA 4RUNNER SO I KNOW THIS WILL HAVE A GREAT RESALE VALUE.REAR SEATS ARE TIGHT BUT I WAS'NT LOOKING FOR A CREWW CAB. I WISH TOYOTA WOULD PUT A COMPASS,TEMP MIRROR IN THIER TRUCKS BUT IF THATS ALL I FIND FIND TO COMPLAIN ABOUT, I FEEL LUCKY!

MOST TUNDRA
By sydney bresto on 05/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This I really love my v8 Tundra, well except for gas, but thats the goverments fault. darn :( I look soo cute and its so fun to drive

Thirsty???
By mmikel52686 on 04/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Overall I'm satisfied with my overgrown T-100. Yes, this 3.4 is the same powerplant the T-100 had but - without the 24 MPG. Currently I get 18-19 mpg. For a V-6 - well I'm somewhat disappointed. Seems Toyota thought more fuel realated computer adjustments might be helpful...cough, cough. Also hav eto echo a comment another reviewer had...the clock should have been left at the upper center of the dash (like the T-100) - now its so low, when the sun shines its a distraction. Again, overall - this is an excellent truck!

What do you want
By Ray Stvens on 03/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

It is still only 95% full-sized truck! I love it,my 3rd Toyota and would buy another! I really like thte smooth powerfull V8 I am averaging 17mpg on a tank full. I do take it off-road and it performs well,can't wait to replace the factory tires though with some good"diggers".I bought it for safe reliable transportation and to haul my snowmobiles,I believe it will do all that just fine for 200,000 miles like my last ones! One more thing..it will look good doing it.

It's a Toyota--enough said
By dwagner on 02/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck. The transmission is incredible. Good fuel economy with plenty of power. Great all-purpose truck. I test drove every other truck and the engine+tranny won me over. It's also a very safe truck; check out the crash ratings--especially if you have little ones.

MY TUNDRA
By FloydRedDevilTundra on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased My Tundra in April of 2003. So far I have accumulated over 38,000 miles on this vehicle. I have used this truck for light hauling, towing, highway driving, transporting passengers, and many other things. This is a quality sound vehicle that I have enjoyed fully. After test driving other trucks such as (FORD,DODGE,GMC, and CHEVY) the Tundra by far was the BEST choice for ME. This is a sound vehicle that just flat beat the competition. After three decades the BIG THREE still cannot build a quality truck for the consumer. For those that complain about the TUNDRA, remember this vehicles history is less than 5 years old.

Awesome
By Robertt on 01/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Not only is this a great, no super truck the dealership made the buying experience a pleasure. I have had Chevy's in the past and this is a much tighter, more solidly built vehicle.

Tundra Access Cab Limited
By Steve H.S. on 01/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Overall it's an excellent vehicle, with mileage a bit low but expected to be such (averaging 16 mpg). After 15,000 miles, I've had no maintenance problems. Smooth ride, great brakes. The bed is plenty big, but the back seat is too cramped for anyone to ride in.

Bogatti's TRD
By Bogatti on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great Truck, Don't just get a Ford, like every other weenie. Get a Tundra (this dog will hunt).