2003 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
At 32k mi, this is what I have to say
By Mister_T on 08/17/06 20:13 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Owned since aug 03 and now at end of lease term. Chose to keep. I'll skip what has been covered. Turn radius is awful, 45 feet... takes 4 and a half lanes to make a U turn. Still just too small. Add 5 more inches it will make a world of diff. Gas mileage on my v6 is not very good. Very comfortable. I use for long hwy trips and never need to stop to stretch. A serious work truck? Yes. Work truck capabilities? No. Styling on 03 looks too imported. Paint not too good. V6 is SLOW! No mech probs. No chk eng. No plastic parts falling off. As good as it gets.

Toyota Tundra 2003
By Edward Oncken on 05/12/06 14:34 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Driving and ownership experience is without complaint. The Tundra handles well and drives easily. My experience as an owner is such that I would consider a Toyota Tundra again when I am ready to purchase again. I have not had a bad experience with this vehicle. I do think that the interior design should allow for more room in the rear passenger area. The leg room is too cramped. The front is comfortable but I would like for the driver's seat to move backward more than it does; however, it is OK.

Great truck!
By Ken on 03/01/06 19:37 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

It is the most comfortable truck I ever owned! The power from the 4.7 V8 is the most UNREAL powerhouse I have ever seen! The only thing I don't like is the quality of the seats. The foam inside the seat feels cheap and seems to feel worn out prematurely.

Bad paint, no comfort, Good drivetrain.
By canucksca on 02/24/06 22:29 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased truck July 2003. List of problems I have had with this vehicle: 1) Rear seals on back of X-tra cab fixed due to rain water entering cab. 2) Fuel filler tube replaced because Check Engine light kept coming on. 3) Paint on driver's side door wore away and I had the entire door and front of the X-tra cab repainted at local body shop. Dealer agreed to pay for 1/2 of the repair. I declined offer, as I suspect there will be future problems with this. Other paint (salsa red pearl) peeling off of truck. 4) Factory Dunlop tires horrible. 5) X- tra cab uncomfortable. Not up to the standard for a Toyota. Marginal city MPG. Drivetrain excellent so far.

Tough to beat
By rdambroso on 01/09/06 16:55 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The only strike in my mind, is the back seats. They are almost 90 degrees straight up. I am also not crazy about the suicide doors. I believe the 05 and newer corrected both issues... so it's now the perfect truck!

Excellent Truck
By Mat on 12/05/05 22:51 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Great reliable truck thats been in the family since new. Bought it off of my father, who just puchased a new Tundra. There has been no problems what so ever, as this truck has served my father right. Great design exterior/interior. Good solid truck.

'03 Tundra
By W. Clements on 12/03/05 20:34 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Toyota truck (first was a Tacoma) and I am not as pleased as I hoped. The vehicle required new front brakes at 30,000 (I don't tow or use it for work), one rear brake froze up at 25,000 miles (my Jeep and Fords didn't do this so the climate can't e blamed), paint seems to chip easily, and the steel wheels started rusting after the first winter. Worse is a constant noise in the front drive train that the dealer can't diagnose and has been little to no help in resolving. This is my last Toyota; I could have spent much less on another brand and thought I was avoiding these types of problems with a new vehicle.

LOTS OF POWER
By Curtis on 11/14/05 22:24 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Hauled firewood, dirt, gravel, etc. std shocks are weak. Should upgrade to heavy duty if hauling heavy loads. Overall happy with truck. Keep up with tranny maintenance. 2003 and up take ATF 4 only sold by toyota at 4+ a quart. Takes about 6-7 quarts every 30k mi. As far as backseat room, I have had a 350lb women and a 200lb man and they were comfy. ENJOY!

2003 Tundra
By Dan King on 11/12/05 08:54 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have driven my Tundra under a variety of conditions. For highway driving, the Tundra handles like a car and the V-8 engine gives you acceleration on request. In winter conditions, the Tundra is nimble when maneuvering through snow covered roads. Like any machine, the Tundra has a few weaknesses. The braking is good but you will encounter pulsation with a quick slow down. The vehicle is hard on fuel, particularly if driven fast or when towing. For the most part, I am pleased with the truck. Although full size, the Tundra is a little more compact than North American pick-up trucks. Combine this with car like handling, and it makes the Tundra an ease to drive.

TUNDRA
By MNU on 10/15/05 00:50 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The Tundra Access Cab V8 may not have that great gas milage, but the looks and power bring you to a whole new driving experience. I love it and will always buy TOYOTA!