Used 2003 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Tundra
By Roberto

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I had my Tundra in Mexico for 3 years. All we had were dirt roads and since we were on the beach, there was a salt spray problem. This truck is outstanding. It runs just like new and has no rattles.

Nicest car I have ever owned
By Michael

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Greatest vehicle ever. Incredible power, not too shabby mpg for a V8. When I first bought it, I drove from Utah to Nebraska and back climbing through Wyoming, fighting strong headwinds and side winds traveling 85 to 105 mph. This truck never missed a beat and got 18 mpg. The only other time I calculated mileage was 2 years ago hauling a 4,000 lb. trailer from Utah to Indiana. I got 10 mpg, but I had no trouble keeping it at 80 to 85 even going up steep inclines. Other than the fact that it needs a new windshield now and the shocks aren't brand new, it still drives like a brand new truck even with 105,000 miles on it. Only regret: not buying leather interior. I never want to sell this truck!

Still feels, sounds, accelerates, and cruises like a brand new truck with more miles on it than I ever got out of any vehicle made by the "Big 3." Has never needed anything other than routine maintenance and a new heater control knob. Extremely comfortable in the front seats even on long trips.

More comfortable back seat, bigger towing capacity (both of which are available in later models). Also, would like full-sized 8-foot bed with access cab model. And of course, it seems that no review of a V8-powered vehicle would be complete without a request for better gas mileage. So, improved MPG.

130,000 and Going Strong
By George L.

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd Stepside SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

WOW...I'll never buy another brand! This truck is phenomenal! Hands down the best vehicle we have ever owned! Our Toyota Sienna ain't bad either by the way! This truck has just over 130k and I am not joking, NO MAJOR REPAIRS...Tires, Light Bulbs, Belts, Hoses and Oil, THAT"S IT! Also...18 + mpg around Houston Texas, and I'm not lying! I had a Toyota approved cold air intake installed at the dealer before I took it home. Well done Toyota!

A truck to depend on
By muvico

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has been reliable 100%. It's been used and abused, but still runs like new. The bad: the engineer that designed the back seat was probably 4 feet short, fuel efficiency, this truck was not designed with fuel efficiency in mind. But If you don't have a big family is ok. My dogs love the back seat. I'm looking forward for many more years of driving this truck.

Smooth ride , feels solid, reliable.

I think they already did.

Colorado 2003 Toyota Tundra Great
By rdegrasse

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I've pulled a 4 horse trailer (loaded) from Colorado to Virginia and back, loaded up another adult and two children, plus a dog and had plenty of room left over. This is the best truck I've ever owned and will never have anything but a Tundra as a work truck ever again. It has comfort and performance. After 4 years, it still burns rubber if I have to get going quick. The TRD is great. I love it.

Towing ability, TRD package, comfort and performance

If we could ever get good mileage out of any V-8 truck it would be the greatest improvement of all time!

• SUV