2003 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Glad I Bought This One
By Jeff on 04/08/08 08:43 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd Stepside SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

After owning for for 4.5 years, I am extremely happy with my purchase. Rock solid Toyota reliability; solid performance for a half ton. This truck has fulfilled all of my needs including pulling boat, 4x4s pop-up camper, and hauling building and yard supplies. I'd highly recommend as a light duty truck

TRD Tundra
By Harley1 on 01/15/08 10:15 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has not caused me one second's worth of hassle, and has never failed to perform flawlessly. Toyota quality is the real deal, believe the hype. They are expensive, but are well worth it in the long run. This truck still looks and runs like new. Once they fixed the front brake problem on the 99 and 2000 models, this is THE truck to buy.

tundra
By kevin on 01/13/08 18:13 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

absolutely excellent vehicle, this is my second tundra, they are unbreakable and extremely reliable. I highly recommend all toyota products, I just wish that they would come out with a diesel in the U.S.

Tundra review
By wadester on 10/14/07 09:08 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD Stepside SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Bought truck used with 46,000 miles on it. Great truck, build quality is excellent like all Toyota products. Fuel mileage was 16 in town added an AFE cold air intake and now get 18-19 in town and 21-22 mpg on hiway. I also run synthetic oil in engine as well as both differentials. The only complaint I have is the access doors are inconvenient would have been much better design to have them open like a regular door. Maybe next time I will buy the double cab. Double cab not offered in 2003.

Great In Every Way
By Josh on 05/22/07 07:04 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD Stepside SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I love my 2003 Toyota Tundra stepside. I got this to replace my Toyota 4Runner which I really liked. I have had no problems with it whatsoever. I live in upstate new york where we got 4 feet of snow in one night. I decided to go to work the next day but I was sure I was not getting out of the driveway as it was over the bumper of the truck. I put the truck in 4WD and I was out. This truck has amazed me with all that it offers. I will always buy Toyota.

2003 Tundra Limited V8 4WD ext cab
By c. lusby on 11/29/06 07:14 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The only big draw back with the Tundra 4 door for 2003, was the way the back doors open. You have to open the front door first, and the front and back doors open in opposite directions. It is very difficult, in a tight parking spot to open the front and back doors at the same time to put something in the back seat. This was corrected in 2004 by redesign and allowing the back door to be opened without opening the front door. There is no heated seat feature, and no time-out option on the head lights (only on the camper light over the truck bed) Other than the above, it is a fantastic truck, with plenty of power for towing, and I highly reccommend it to prospective buyers.

Mr. T for Me
By larryf1952 on 11/05/06 19:43 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

After 3+ years and almost 40K miles, the relationship between my Tundra (Mr. T) and myself is still a match made in heaven. All I've done to the truck is put Mobil 1 in it every 5K miles. It still drives rattle free and exhibits no vibrations or brake problems. The engine is fabulous, as is the transmission, and they are tuned to work perfectly together. Although my Tundra is looking at 4 years old, I continue to receive compliments on my "new" truck. That's one benefit of parking in the lower 40 and being the only driver. It's worth it to keep Mr. T looking good.

Great Truck
By big jim on 10/21/06 07:26 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

After 50000 miles driving, owning this truck I am throughly delighted with it. I would like a larger truck to tow our fifth wheel with and am eagerly awaiting the 2007.

Not what they used to be...
By RickThompson2 on 10/04/06 14:31 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my truck brand new in march of '02. I heard good things in the past about toyota but soon found they couldnt handle the load of a worktruck like an american pickup. Paid 26,500 for my SR5 4x4 V8.. bad decision. While traveling though new mexico at 4800 miles my axle wentt bad in the rear, started to whine and went out, had to be towed.. at 28000 my transfer case wouldnt shift into 4x4 and started to grind, left me stranded in the mud looking like a fool, it was defective, my stereo soon went out, along with my passenger window.. im no complainer so i overlooked all those ridiculous problems, then at 42k my brakes failed and at 75k my tranny was slipping like ive never seen.

Excellent All-Round Truck
By chichitao on 09/29/06 09:38 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This has been an excellent truck. Bought it brand new in 3/03 and have not had it in for any kind of repairs what-so-ever. I have used it for all sorts of things...around town, travelling long distances, hauling light and heavy loads. No problems with the paint as others have mentioned...however, I keep mine in the garage when possible and wax it at least twice per year. The gas mileage, while not great compared to a car, is better than any truck or even SUV i've ever had. I avg 16mpg, and that is mostly city driving (range is 13-21). Excellent build quality and ride from a truck. Take care of your vehicle and it will take care of you!