2003 Toyota Tundra Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

2003 Tundra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Sort Reviews by

best truck
By Picky

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I am an engineer and I reserched all the trucks and read at least 20 differnt articals. The tundra comeout on top for what I and about 90% of truck buyers use it for. I do some heavy hauling and have towed 2 trucks with it with no problems. This truck has great power and a great ride. (This is the best truck out there)

Favorite Features

Power, Reliability

Suggested Improvements

Crew Cab

The truck Ford wishes it could build!
By hutch7

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I finally got tired of visiting my '97 F-150 at the repair shop and got the Tundra. After 9K of problem free driving I couldn't be happier. Exceelent buld quality, outstanding engine and Lexus like ride. Great personal truck...if I was going to get a work truck I'd probably buy an old Chevy beater.

Favorite Features

Engine, handling, size

Suggested Improvements

real quad cab, full time 4WD

3 TUNDRAS
By JIM C.

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I OWN A 2000/ 2001 AND NOW A 2003 TUNDRA 2 WHEEL AND 4 WHEEL DRIVE. THEY HAVE BEEN TROUBLE FREE EXCELLENT VEHICLES. TIME IN THE SHOP HAS ONLY BEEN FOR THE $19.95 OIL AND FILTER CHANGE IN 20 MINUTES AT OUR LOCAL DEALER.

Favorite Features

quality/ride/ quiet/ reliability/ this is my 3rd tundra all have been excellent trucks.

Suggested Improvements

interior lighting improve. I would like a heavier duty truck/ more payload/ more power/ a toyota diesel would be nice.

Bad Choice
By cru_fan

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this because it got good reviews. Bad call. My buddy just bought a Dodge and was telling me how happy he was with it. I almost thought about getting one, but people said good things about the Toyota Tundra. I've had to go back to the dealer for work 3 times already. In addition, it doesn't hand wear and tear at all. At this point, I am really thinking about getting rid of it, taking the loss and getting the Dodge or the Ford. Stay away from this one. It's built cheap and requires way too much maintenence.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy. It's the one thing I like about this truck. But then again, i don't buy a truck simply for that. I want something that I can do work with. I can't with this truck.

Suggested Improvements

More power. More body configurations. Better quality.

hunter
By hunter

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

the toyota tumdra is one of the best vehicals i have ever drive and i have been driving toyota trucks for about 15 years. very econom9ical

Favorite Features

styke

Suggested Improvements

better fuel economy

Tundra 4.7 4dr access cab
By tundratude

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Just got it but LOVE IT!

Suggested Improvements

Rear seat-back angle and legroom. More/larger underseat storage compartments. Sturdier front seat cushion(side seems to colapse, problem in the long run)

Very happy
By john henry

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Very smooth and quite ride. Plenty of power for my needs. I pull a 21" boat and have no problems with it at all. I have always bought Chevy but this beats any Chevy I have been in and there have been several.

Favorite Features

Quiet ride. Handling.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the back seat was a little bigger for my family.

2003 Tundra Step Sider
By Networg

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd Stepside SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent truck. I love it. No problems so far. Fun to drive. Kind of pricy. So,if you consider to buy a truck -> go for it. Recomend it.

Favorite Features

Very quiet inside, nice 6 CD changer in dash. Comfortable power seats. Super sport package, nice 17" wheels with Dunlop Low profile tires.

Suggested Improvements

Back seats kind of tight. Need more room. Rest of the car gorgeous. I love this truck.

Commuter Truck
By DangTundra

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I was suprised and impressed with the smoothness of the ride when I test drove the truck. The access cab seat is small and upright, but I only intend to use it to carry my kid(s). I bought a 4WD V8 Tundra Access cab because of the engine, expected reliability, managable size, room in the access cab for car seats, and it's strength and versatility.

Favorite Features

powerful & melodious V8, smooth ride, quiet cabin, access cab space for kids, expected reliability

Suggested Improvements

4 wheel disk brakes, independent access doors, power folding mirrors, better pedal positions, better turning radius

Rides like my Lexus
By Bonnie Rag Doll Love

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Smooth, quiet, powerfull and great fuel mileage. Rear seat is very uncomfortable, seat back is straight up. Great tow vehicle, plenty of power and brakes well.

Favorite Features

Engine, smotth powerful and great fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

Rear seat needs more room, seat back straight up and uncomfortable. Come out with a quad cab, it will be a big hit, don't be afraid to make truck bigger too.