2003 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
The truck Ford wishes it could build!
By hutch7 on 12/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I finally got tired of visiting my '97 F-150 at the repair shop and got the Tundra. After 9K of problem free driving I couldn't be happier. Exceelent buld quality, outstanding engine and Lexus like ride. Great personal truck...if I was going to get a work truck I'd probably buy an old Chevy beater.

3 TUNDRAS
By JIM C. on 12/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I OWN A 2000/ 2001 AND NOW A 2003 TUNDRA 2 WHEEL AND 4 WHEEL DRIVE. THEY HAVE BEEN TROUBLE FREE EXCELLENT VEHICLES. TIME IN THE SHOP HAS ONLY BEEN FOR THE $19.95 OIL AND FILTER CHANGE IN 20 MINUTES AT OUR LOCAL DEALER.

Bad Choice
By cru_fan on 11/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this because it got good reviews. Bad call. My buddy just bought a Dodge and was telling me how happy he was with it. I almost thought about getting one, but people said good things about the Toyota Tundra. I've had to go back to the dealer for work 3 times already. In addition, it doesn't hand wear and tear at all. At this point, I am really thinking about getting rid of it, taking the loss and getting the Dodge or the Ford. Stay away from this one. It's built cheap and requires way too much maintenence.

hunter
By hunter on 11/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

the toyota tumdra is one of the best vehicals i have ever drive and i have been driving toyota trucks for about 15 years. very econom9ical

Tundra 4.7 4dr access cab
By tundratude on 11/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Just got it but LOVE IT!

Very happy
By john henry on 11/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Very smooth and quite ride. Plenty of power for my needs. I pull a 21" boat and have no problems with it at all. I have always bought Chevy but this beats any Chevy I have been in and there have been several.

2003 Tundra Step Sider
By Networg on 11/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd Stepside SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent truck. I love it. No problems so far. Fun to drive. Kind of pricy. So,if you consider to buy a truck -> go for it. Recomend it.

Commuter Truck
By DangTundra on 11/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I was suprised and impressed with the smoothness of the ride when I test drove the truck. The access cab seat is small and upright, but I only intend to use it to carry my kid(s). I bought a 4WD V8 Tundra Access cab because of the engine, expected reliability, managable size, room in the access cab for car seats, and it's strength and versatility.

Rides like my Lexus
By Bonnie Rag Doll Love on 11/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Smooth, quiet, powerfull and great fuel mileage. Rear seat is very uncomfortable, seat back is straight up. Great tow vehicle, plenty of power and brakes well.

Better than any american made truck
By monk on 10/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have had a few chevys and a ford and none of them came close to the comfort and solid feel of my Tundra. Those fancy new silveradoes, f150s and rams will be money pits in 6 years. That is the real test of a truck, not how it is new, but how it with 100k miles on it. I have no doubt about the tundra. The motor is made to last over 200k. Look at any of the high mileage landcruisers. If you are looking for a compact/full size this is by far the best thing on the market.