2003 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
the right choice
By cb4176 on 03/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

handles great corners on 265/75/16s like a car no sway not loose in the rear like you might expect on a pickup good pick-up but the overdrive sticks it up on a jackrabbit exceleration ie. on on-ramps steering maneuverability was impressive on a close call when the other guy blew a stop sign to make a left in the pouring rain within 30 or so feet from me at the mall!

Tundra SR5
By Steph G on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the Tundra as an extra to have a vehicle to lug stuff, if I need to. I looked at GM,Ford and Dodge, and after a (very) short test drive in the Tundra - the others were no longer in the running. Comfort and quietness, smoothness, handling...all great. No problems other than the dealer not installing the bedliner correctly, so it was not under the rails. Sometimes I wish I had spent the $2k more and gotten the Limited with leather and more features.

Mostly excellent
By nonesuch on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I use my truck for towing a racecar and part time commuting. If you have heavy towing (I tow about two tons) don't bother with a six cylinder. Even if you think you might someday want to use your truck for "real work", get a V8! It cruises quite comfortably and quietly at extralegal speeds while not towing and the "pickup" is good. It even has very little trouble towing up steep California hills. It's too major faults is that the two rear seats aren't really useful, and the range isn't great (I get ~12mpg towing with a tank capacity of somewhat less than 30 gallons).

Best Truck for the Money
By JaxTundra on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

When I shopped for a truck, the first thing I considered was proven reliability. That narrowed my shopping quickly. The Tundra has a track record of reliability, and Toyota has built quality vehicles for years, so it was not hard to consider the Tundra. I usually buy Nissan vehicles, but lately their quality has not been what it used to be. I first thought the Tundra would be too big, but when I took the test drive, I fell in love with it. It does not "feel" as big as the Ford F-150 I had driven, and in some ways, it actually feels like driving a very comfortable car, with extra meat. This is a fantastic truck, that is built in Indiana.

Best Build Quality
By j_fire on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd Stepside SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is the second tundra ive owned. I bought a 2000 when it first came out, i just sold it to my sister. I just bought a Stepside Limited 2003, i wanted the new stepside with the TRD sport package. Ive been very pleased with this one and my first one. Toyota is very reliable and has very good build quality. I would recommend this truck.

Satisfied owner
By Nathan Hollis on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Its an excellent vehicle but I think there should be more cab room in the 4door models and maybe a more peppier engine for spunk.

BEST TRUCK ON THE ROAD
By SOLDEBR on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

THE TRUCK IS SMOOTH RIDING. POWERFUL AND FIT AND FINISH IS TOP NOTCH. BEST TRUCK!!!

I Just love this Truck
By DBM on 01/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd Stepside SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Just love everything about this truck.

Car like truck
By Randall j on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I don't really like trucks of any kind as they all handle poorly and waste gas. However, as a Fabricator/Designer I need a truck to pick-up materials and deliver the finished product. I have owned this truck for almost two years with no problems of any kind. It has never failed to perform even when loaded to capacity. The V-6 engine isn't fast but it is strong and steady. The truck has a car-like smoothness and quiet ride that rivals many cars I've driven. It handles good and better than any other truck I've driven. Fit and finish are very good and the truck is just the right size to take into urban areas; easy to park and maneuver.

Great Truck!
By ChrisH on 01/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd Stepside SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The new stepside bed and tail light design gives a great distinctive look making it stand out from the crowd. I love the power and the ride is smooth. Gas mileage not bad for a 4.7 V8. Sticker price may be a little high, but with rebates and a willingness to deal there are some good deals out there.