2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
2003 SR5 V8 2WD
By Roy5 on 04/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Best truck I have ever owned. Fit and finish are excellent, power great, and gas mileage not bad at 18 MPG around town. No problems so far with 2K on the odometer. Ride a little jiggly on bad roads, but not harsh.

Best truck for me
By DLee on 04/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I drove a Ford Lariat & it was nice, but, like StephG, when I drove the Tundra a half mile down the road, the Ford was out of the running. Tundra is far smoother running & solid feeling. Of course, you can't beat Toyota for quality & reliability. My old Toyota small truck is 18 years old & has original clutch. Tundra has easy access to all components under the hood; Ford looks like they went out of their way to cover up all components with plastic shrouds. Toyota is traditionally conservative in styling-this truck doesn't have leading edge bells & whistles, just good quality & the features most people want.

Great truck!
By toy yoda on 03/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the Tundra in March 2003 from local dealership. Overall impressed with the truck. Decided on the Tundra because of the positive ratings from J.D. Power and Associates, Intellichoice, and Consumer Reports to name a few. The ride is very comfortable and smooth. The quality of interior materials is suberb. The exterior is solid and able to take anything.

Surprised
By vitamingiant on 03/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

we drove new Ford F-150's, Chevy Silverados, Dodges, and were absolutely surprised how good the Toyota Tundra looked and even more surprised with the handling. We live in the mountains of western North Carolina and the off road package is by far the best on the market. You will not be sorry if you buy this truck.

Tundra
By ames on 03/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited 4WD Stepside SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Best Truck Ever - Its like owning a sports car with 4 wheel drive. Strong power, silky smooth shifting, great looks and tough reliability. Over the past few months we have had a lot of rain, and lots of mud. Its new, but its now broken in. Handles the off road quite well. Will be going with the Super Charger soon!

the right choice
By cb4176 on 03/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

handles great corners on 265/75/16s like a car no sway not loose in the rear like you might expect on a pickup good pick-up but the overdrive sticks it up on a jackrabbit exceleration ie. on on-ramps steering maneuverability was impressive on a close call when the other guy blew a stop sign to make a left in the pouring rain within 30 or so feet from me at the mall!

Mostly excellent
By nonesuch on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I use my truck for towing a racecar and part time commuting. If you have heavy towing (I tow about two tons) don't bother with a six cylinder. Even if you think you might someday want to use your truck for "real work", get a V8! It cruises quite comfortably and quietly at extralegal speeds while not towing and the "pickup" is good. It even has very little trouble towing up steep California hills. It's too major faults is that the two rear seats aren't really useful, and the range isn't great (I get ~12mpg towing with a tank capacity of somewhat less than 30 gallons).

Tundra SR5
By Steph G on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the Tundra as an extra to have a vehicle to lug stuff, if I need to. I looked at GM,Ford and Dodge, and after a (very) short test drive in the Tundra - the others were no longer in the running. Comfort and quietness, smoothness, handling...all great. No problems other than the dealer not installing the bedliner correctly, so it was not under the rails. Sometimes I wish I had spent the $2k more and gotten the Limited with leather and more features.

Best Truck for the Money
By JaxTundra on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

When I shopped for a truck, the first thing I considered was proven reliability. That narrowed my shopping quickly. The Tundra has a track record of reliability, and Toyota has built quality vehicles for years, so it was not hard to consider the Tundra. I usually buy Nissan vehicles, but lately their quality has not been what it used to be. I first thought the Tundra would be too big, but when I took the test drive, I fell in love with it. It does not "feel" as big as the Ford F-150 I had driven, and in some ways, it actually feels like driving a very comfortable car, with extra meat. This is a fantastic truck, that is built in Indiana.

Best Build Quality
By j_fire on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd Stepside SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is the second tundra ive owned. I bought a 2000 when it first came out, i just sold it to my sister. I just bought a Stepside Limited 2003, i wanted the new stepside with the TRD sport package. Ive been very pleased with this one and my first one. Toyota is very reliable and has very good build quality. I would recommend this truck.