2003 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
The Perfect Truck
By BK1 on 04/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I read all of the reviews before buying the Tundra, and everything good I read is true. I simply love this vehicle!! I tell everyone it's a Lexus disguised to look like a truck. Test-drive it, and you will buy it! Toyota has built a product that should make the big three domestic truck manufactures very nervous.

Love it so far
By az_tundra on 04/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Got my Tundra SR5 V8 4x4 Access Cab two weeks ago. Love it so far. Very quiet. Also got tow pkg and captain's chairs--the chairs are VERY comfortable. The truck is pretty fast, for a nearly-full size truck. Like the torque. I'm getting 16 mpg in town, and I'm a lead foot 50% of the time. I plan to tow a 5000 pound travel trailer, shouldn't have any problem.

The new stepside
By DonK on 04/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD Stepside SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is my first new vehicle and I looked at everything first. After a test drive, I was hooked on the tundra. It performed well, looked great, was very comfy, and had all the options I wanted with nothing I didn't. I couldn't get that in a Ford (I couldnt even get the off road package in green on a Ford).

Toyota Rules!!!
By alikhan on 04/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited 4WD Stepside SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Just got rid of my chevey. Best truck i have ever drove. Drives like a car with V8 power to it. Excellent handling on road!!!!

2003 SR5 V8 2WD
By Roy5 on 04/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Best truck I have ever owned. Fit and finish are excellent, power great, and gas mileage not bad at 18 MPG around town. No problems so far with 2K on the odometer. Ride a little jiggly on bad roads, but not harsh.

Best truck for me
By DLee on 04/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I drove a Ford Lariat & it was nice, but, like StephG, when I drove the Tundra a half mile down the road, the Ford was out of the running. Tundra is far smoother running & solid feeling. Of course, you can't beat Toyota for quality & reliability. My old Toyota small truck is 18 years old & has original clutch. Tundra has easy access to all components under the hood; Ford looks like they went out of their way to cover up all components with plastic shrouds. Toyota is traditionally conservative in styling-this truck doesn't have leading edge bells & whistles, just good quality & the features most people want.

Great truck!
By toy yoda on 03/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the Tundra in March 2003 from local dealership. Overall impressed with the truck. Decided on the Tundra because of the positive ratings from J.D. Power and Associates, Intellichoice, and Consumer Reports to name a few. The ride is very comfortable and smooth. The quality of interior materials is suberb. The exterior is solid and able to take anything.

Surprised
By vitamingiant on 03/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

we drove new Ford F-150's, Chevy Silverados, Dodges, and were absolutely surprised how good the Toyota Tundra looked and even more surprised with the handling. We live in the mountains of western North Carolina and the off road package is by far the best on the market. You will not be sorry if you buy this truck.

Smooth, Quiet Ride, Great Price
By smallpoet on 03/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 2dr Regular Cab Rwd LB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I don't require much passenger space, so no need to trade the long bed for the small second seating area. I am certainly having a hard time getting used to 16 miles per gallon. However, the mileage is pretty much on par with other trucks of its size. Edmunds "cost to own" feature shows it is the least expensive truck to own in its class (.40 cents per mile, compared to .47 and .48 cents per mile for the competitors). The ride is extremely smooth and quiet, and I do feel that the V6 provides adequate power for the light truck user. For folks like me who just fill the bed up with various items the V8 would provide excess power!

Tundra
By ames on 03/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited 4WD Stepside SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Best Truck Ever - Its like owning a sports car with 4 wheel drive. Strong power, silky smooth shifting, great looks and tough reliability. Over the past few months we have had a lot of rain, and lots of mud. Its new, but its now broken in. Handles the off road quite well. Will be going with the Super Charger soon!