Used 2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Thirsty???
By mmikel52686

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Overall I'm satisfied with my overgrown T-100. Yes, this 3.4 is the same powerplant the T-100 had but - without the 24 MPG. Currently I get 18-19 mpg. For a V-6 - well I'm somewhat disappointed. Seems Toyota thought more fuel realated computer adjustments might be helpful...cough, cough. Also hav eto echo a comment another reviewer had...the clock should have been left at the upper center of the dash (like the T-100) - now its so low, when the sun shines its a distraction. Again, overall - this is an excellent truck!

Favorite Features

Good sound system, seats comfortable, cabin layout (except note below) very good.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the MPG for current customers - at NO cost! This engine can do much better!!! Reposition the Hazard light switch and clock up!!!

What do you want
By Ray Stvens

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

It is still only 95% full-sized truck! I love it,my 3rd Toyota and would buy another! I really like thte smooth powerfull V8 I am averaging 17mpg on a tank full. I do take it off-road and it performs well,can't wait to replace the factory tires though with some good"diggers".I bought it for safe reliable transportation and to haul my snowmobiles,I believe it will do all that just fine for 200,000 miles like my last ones! One more thing..it will look good doing it.

Favorite Features

V8 access cab nice stereo I added a rhino-liner...very nice product. Oh yea the price was right also!

Suggested Improvements

Go 100% full size and a bigger V8

It's a Toyota--enough said
By dwagner

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck. The transmission is incredible. Good fuel economy with plenty of power. Great all-purpose truck. I test drove every other truck and the engine+tranny won me over. It's also a very safe truck; check out the crash ratings--especially if you have little ones.

Favorite Features

Trans+V-8

Suggested Improvements

More room inside--feels like a coffin in the back.

MY TUNDRA
By FloydRedDevilTundra

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased My Tundra in April of 2003. So far I have accumulated over 38,000 miles on this vehicle. I have used this truck for light hauling, towing, highway driving, transporting passengers, and many other things. This is a quality sound vehicle that I have enjoyed fully. After test driving other trucks such as (FORD,DODGE,GMC, and CHEVY) the Tundra by far was the BEST choice for ME. This is a sound vehicle that just flat beat the competition. After three decades the BIG THREE still cannot build a quality truck for the consumer. For those that complain about the TUNDRA, remember this vehicles history is less than 5 years old.

Favorite Features

Driving position, center console, smooth acceleration, powerful V-8 engine, locking tailgate, Quality, Quality, Quality... The chrome front with the back in the day OLD style GMC look, AWESOME....

Suggested Improvements

Take the Govenor off; Let the power loose. Vibration at 80 MPH or so. Replaced 245 series tires with 265 series (MICHELIN) NO MORE VIBRATION.... Add running boards as a standard feature. Help me convince my wife to drive her car and not MY TUNDRA.

Awesome
By Robertt

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Not only is this a great, no super truck the dealership made the buying experience a pleasure. I have had Chevy's in the past and this is a much tighter, more solidly built vehicle.

Favorite Features

Ride, Style leather interior is very plush. Just a good look'n truck that can handle the work load. Gas mileage is very acceptable. I am getting 18 on the average town / hwy.

Suggested Improvements

Well I guess I would have preferred the back jumpseats to lay flat instead of fold up... but not a big deal either way.