2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Toy Truck For Kids and Women
By capitolone on 06/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This truck is a 7/8 scale of a full sized truck, it is about like a Dodge Dakota. The back seat is something to look at not sit in. Texaco loves the 14-15 mpg its gets, I don't. The brakes are weird. It doesn't haul a full load, like the Chevy C/K 1500 or Fords 1500. The interior is well designed and it is nice driving. This is a poor imitation of a full size truck. Sorry I got this looser.

malfunction indicator came on twice
By mingsterca on 05/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The malfunction indicator light came on 3 days after I bought it - only 100 miles. The manual says - send the truck to dealership. This is very bad error message. Then a bit more details in the manual describes the possible cause by loose fuel cap. Sent it to the dealership next day, and have them check the computer codes in the truck. They says the same thing. Reset the error codes and have the mechanics tighten the cap for me. The next day driving to work, the indicator came on again. A lemon?

Always a safe bet Toyota
By alaricsept on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

So far so good. The truck has performed without hesitation and without requiring any stops at the dealership. The engine is actually getting stronger as it breaks in, and the silky smooth acceleration. The brakes feel good, they respond quickly and quietly in all situations. I have towed with it a few times and have had it loaded with at least1/2 ton and at most 1700lbs of sand, rock or mulch on several occasions, the engine handled it with aplomb, but the truck reminds you itís a light duty when the rear end hits the stops. So all in all it fits our lifestyles nicely and is quickly becoming a trusted member of our stable.

Glad My Son Totalled My Dodge
By Butler Builder on 05/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I'm in construction and I've owned mid- sized 4x4's to get around job sites. My son totalled my Dakota and I decided to move up to a full-size. The Dakota was a toy compared to the Tundra. I'm on the management side so, I don't carry ladders or forms or lumber, ect. I think a used Chevy would be better for that stuff. But I do have to get around in the snow and mud and spend a lot of time on the road. This is a smoooooth shifter that everybody on the job site tells me they wish they owned.

I'm a believer!
By barneyfife on 05/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Traded in a Ford F-250, it was a good truck and served me well, however, the Tundra is excellent! Looked at the Fords again but they wouldn't deal on them and are alittle to proud of something that does not hold value very long. Driving the Tundra is like riding in my wifes Highlander, very smooth. It offers all that an American made truck has but holds it's value. Also, the Toyota's have the better warranty (5 yr/60,000 miles on the drivetrain), and thats comforting. Also, the reliability is second to none.

Best 1/2 ton on the market - bar none
By Greg1234 on 05/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I find it comical these clowns that give it realy low ratings have nothing better to do than put down trucks they wish they could afford. After owning a '81,'91 F150, '96 full sized bronco and multipul Honda cars and minivans I came to the conclustion the Hondas were superior vehicles to Fords. Honda does not make a truck so I bought the tundra. As far as people saying they are not work capable, that is just pure garbage. It's funny that my Tundra will pull my trailer loaded with my Kubota tractor (together weigh in at just over 5000lbs) over Parleys summit easily at 70mph. My Bronco w/ 5.8L barley did that alone.

The Perfect Truck
By BK1 on 04/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I read all of the reviews before buying the Tundra, and everything good I read is true. I simply love this vehicle!! I tell everyone it's a Lexus disguised to look like a truck. Test-drive it, and you will buy it! Toyota has built a product that should make the big three domestic truck manufactures very nervous.

Love it so far
By az_tundra on 04/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Got my Tundra SR5 V8 4x4 Access Cab two weeks ago. Love it so far. Very quiet. Also got tow pkg and captain's chairs--the chairs are VERY comfortable. The truck is pretty fast, for a nearly-full size truck. Like the torque. I'm getting 16 mpg in town, and I'm a lead foot 50% of the time. I plan to tow a 5000 pound travel trailer, shouldn't have any problem.

The new stepside
By DonK on 04/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD Stepside SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is my first new vehicle and I looked at everything first. After a test drive, I was hooked on the tundra. It performed well, looked great, was very comfy, and had all the options I wanted with nothing I didn't. I couldn't get that in a Ford (I couldnt even get the off road package in green on a Ford).

Toyota Rules!!!
By alikhan on 04/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited 4WD Stepside SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Just got rid of my chevey. Best truck i have ever drove. Drives like a car with V8 power to it. Excellent handling on road!!!!