'03 Tundra
By W. Clements on
2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)
This is my second Toyota truck (first was a Tacoma) and I am not as pleased as I hoped. The vehicle required new front brakes at 30,000 (I don't tow or use it for work), one rear brake froze up at 25,000 miles (my Jeep and Fords didn't do this so the climate can't e blamed), paint seems to chip easily, and the steel wheels started rusting after the first winter. Worse is a constant noise in the front drive train that the dealer can't diagnose and has been little to no help in resolving. This is my last Toyota; I could have spent much less on another brand and thought I was avoiding these types of problems with a new vehicle.
Favorite Features
Drives and handles very well, more like a car than truck. Plenty of power and acceleration for normal driving. Great in snow.
Suggested Improvements
The access cab back seat seems comfortable but there is no leg room for most adults. Another 6 inches in the back would have made a huge difference, and I wouldn't mind it coming out of the bed. Paint durability is problematic and could be improved. Interior lighting is poor (dome).