2003 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Running it till it quits
By russ on 01/18/10 18:12 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd LB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Im a courier and have 458,000 thousand on this model. That mileage was not a mis-print! No tranny issues. Amsoil and frequent flushes. A few alternators and a starter is all the expense I've had. Grease the wheel bearings

My second Big Toyota.
By JCE20902 on 10/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd LB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I had a '93 T100 and loved it. It only needed tires and oil changes. That's why I bought a Tundra. It's my second big Toyota truck. Reliable, refined and a great value.

BBB
By AZY on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SR5 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

LOVE MY TRUCK RUNS LIKE A VETTE BUT HAULS LIKE A TRUCK

Transmission troubles
By hermie on 05/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd LB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

The 5 speed manual transmission vibrates too much. Two dealerships told me that was normal. Transmission seems to downshift itself even thought it is a manual transmission. Very uncomfortable feeling.

Smooth, Quiet Ride, Great Price
By smallpoet on 03/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd LB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I don't require much passenger space, so no need to trade the long bed for the small second seating area. I am certainly having a hard time getting used to 16 miles per gallon. However, the mileage is pretty much on par with other trucks of its size. Edmunds "cost to own" feature shows it is the least expensive truck to own in its class (.40 cents per mile, compared to .47 and .48 cents per mile for the competitors). The ride is extremely smooth and quiet, and I do feel that the V6 provides adequate power for the light truck user. For folks like me who just fill the bed up with various items the V8 would provide excess power!

Hard to beat for a full size pickup
By GV on 12/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SR5 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

First non-US pickup I have purchase but got tired of rattles in GM and Fords so decided to go with a Tundra. Can't believe a pick-up can run so quitetly, have so much power, and go over some wash boards without a rattle or vibration. Can't wait to see if it holds up but can recommend it to someone who doesn't like to have buttons fall off in the interior and gaps in moldings that I know I have found on US trucks.

Toyota Tops Chevy Hands Down
By ray_of_light76 on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd LB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I love this truck. I've had mine less than a year and it SO beats the life out of the Chevy piece of junk I had. If you want a truck to haul truck stuff, ride well, and be reliable AND be worth something should you decide to sell it a few years down the road -- get a Toyota. Fantastic Truck!