2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Not good with kids
By stephanie on 04/22/08 21:04 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

This truck is not good for kids and small children. There is not enough room for two car seats to sit side-by-side. That means there is wasted space in the middle. My kids' legs are crammed against our seats. I have hit my head in there numerous times getting them into the truck. The door design is horrible. If you park close to another car, you are sure to hit another car with the door getting your kids out. There isn't anything wrong with this truck if you don't have children. It's a good, reliable vehicle, but it's just not compatible with small children in car seats.

At 32k mi, this is what I have to say
By Mister_T on 08/17/06 20:13 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Owned since aug 03 and now at end of lease term. Chose to keep. I'll skip what has been covered. Turn radius is awful, 45 feet... takes 4 and a half lanes to make a U turn. Still just too small. Add 5 more inches it will make a world of diff. Gas mileage on my v6 is not very good. Very comfortable. I use for long hwy trips and never need to stop to stretch. A serious work truck? Yes. Work truck capabilities? No. Styling on 03 looks too imported. Paint not too good. V6 is SLOW! No mech probs. No chk eng. No plastic parts falling off. As good as it gets.

Toyota Tundra 2003
By Edward Oncken on 05/12/06 14:34 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Driving and ownership experience is without complaint. The Tundra handles well and drives easily. My experience as an owner is such that I would consider a Toyota Tundra again when I am ready to purchase again. I have not had a bad experience with this vehicle. I do think that the interior design should allow for more room in the rear passenger area. The leg room is too cramped. The front is comfortable but I would like for the driver's seat to move backward more than it does; however, it is OK.

Excellent Truck
By Mat on 12/05/05 22:51 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Great reliable truck thats been in the family since new. Bought it off of my father, who just puchased a new Tundra. There has been no problems what so ever, as this truck has served my father right. Great design exterior/interior. Good solid truck.

V6 can tow it.
By Toy owner on 11/08/04 11:50 AM (PST)

V6 tows boat and 21 Ft Travel Trailer with no problems at all

I LOVE MY TUNDRA
By SHERI on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I like the fact that my truck is full size but not...... It is easy to maneuver which is something I was worried about coming from a Honda Civic. I think it is very comfortable atleast the front seats are. I have the bench seat in the front (the middle seat where the arm rest goes up isn't all that comfy). The back seat is comfortable and roomy for people under 6', but I wouldn't recommend it for anyone on long roadtrips. The back seat is very "L" shaped, no recline or bucket to it at all.

Fun but not cozy ...
By Flower Farmers on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Fun to drive ... Easy to shift ... great visuals ... good [speed] pick up, good brakes ... Wonderful gas mileage & reliability ... Basically, the vehicle really does not have any flaws -- precise, exact & reliable.

Dissapointment City
By kahnman on 06/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

This is a truck that is for people who are really not serious about trucks. It is not a full size turck but is more of the size of a Dodge Dakota. It is hard on gas, cramped and a poor imitation of the trucks that it tries to imitate.