Used 2003 Toyota Tundra SR5 Access Cab Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Keeps on truckin
By Steve R.

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

322,077 miles and counting! Best truck I ever owned!
Steve R.

Not good with kids
By stephanie

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

This truck is not good for kids and small children. There is not enough room for two car seats to sit side-by-side. That means there is wasted space in the middle. My kids' legs are crammed against our seats. I have hit my head in there numerous times getting them into the truck. The door design is horrible. If you park close to another car, you are sure to hit another car with the door getting your kids out. There isn't anything wrong with this truck if you don't have children. It's a good, reliable vehicle, but it's just not compatible with small children in car seats.

The vehicle is reliable. It is a sturdy vehicle. I haven't had any problems with our truck.

Door design needs improvement. It's not practical when parking in tight spots, as you are sure to hit the other cars with the door. It's practically impossible to get an infant carseat out of the truck with the door design.

At 32k mi, this is what I have to say
By Mister_T

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Owned since aug 03 and now at end of lease term. Chose to keep. I'll skip what has been covered. Turn radius is awful, 45 feet... takes 4 and a half lanes to make a U turn. Still just too small. Add 5 more inches it will make a world of diff. Gas mileage on my v6 is not very good. Very comfortable. I use for long hwy trips and never need to stop to stretch. A serious work truck? Yes. Work truck capabilities? No. Styling on 03 looks too imported. Paint not too good. V6 is SLOW! No mech probs. No chk eng. No plastic parts falling off. As good as it gets.

Comfy w/ cap chairs. I like suicide doors. Height above ground is very good. Smooth ride. Actually handles well on windy mtn rds. Crossed a river and engine continued to run! Storage space is great w/ console. Fun. Fuel tank decent size despite poor mileage. Interior well laid out. Nice big buttons.

Turning circle, HP on V6 bad. Go back to previous body/grill style. Better A/C, Make a v8 with 5 spd manual. Make an access or crew cab with 8 ft bed. Add a few inches.

Toyota Tundra 2003
By Edward Oncken

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Driving and ownership experience is without complaint. The Tundra handles well and drives easily. My experience as an owner is such that I would consider a Toyota Tundra again when I am ready to purchase again. I have not had a bad experience with this vehicle. I do think that the interior design should allow for more room in the rear passenger area. The leg room is too cramped. The front is comfortable but I would like for the driver's seat to move backward more than it does; however, it is OK.

It's reliability and gas mileage is the very definite plus.

I would suggest the cab area be enlarged. The rear passenger in particularly. It is entirely too cramped for any distance driving.

Excellent Truck
By Mat

2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Great reliable truck thats been in the family since new. Bought it off of my father, who just puchased a new Tundra. There has been no problems what so ever, as this truck has served my father right. Great design exterior/interior. Good solid truck.

Overall performance that has been put out by its powerful engine.

None that comes to mind