2003 Toyota Tundra 4.7L V8 4-speed Automatic 6.2 ft. Bed Consumer Reviews

2003 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Limited Access Cab (4.7L V8 4-speed Automatic 6.2 ft. Bed)

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Tundra Limited Best of the Best
By porsche on 05/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is everything I wanted in a full sized pickup. It has plenty of power, and the tan leather interior is beautiful, matching the interior of many luxury cars. I would buy it again.

Tundra Access Cab Limited
By Steve H.S. on 01/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Overall it's an excellent vehicle, with mileage a bit low but expected to be such (averaging 16 mpg). After 15,000 miles, I've had no maintenance problems. Smooth ride, great brakes. The bed is plenty big, but the back seat is too cramped for anyone to ride in.

My red tundra
By RedTundra on 10/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I haven't had this truck long...it's been good so far. Good, not great. After 3,000 miles, I noticed a popping sound coming from the passenger glove compartment and rattling under the driver's side console. I'm sure this has something to do with the cheap plastic interior, and I didn't expect a $30,000 truck to have problems such as these. But for hauling, towing, and driving, it's been perfect so far. Great engine and ride.

Mostly excellent
By nonesuch on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I use my truck for towing a racecar and part time commuting. If you have heavy towing (I tow about two tons) don't bother with a six cylinder. Even if you think you might someday want to use your truck for "real work", get a V8! It cruises quite comfortably and quietly at extralegal speeds while not towing and the "pickup" is good. It even has very little trouble towing up steep California hills. It's too major faults is that the two rear seats aren't really useful, and the range isn't great (I get ~12mpg towing with a tank capacity of somewhat less than 30 gallons).

BEST TRUCK ON THE ROAD
By SOLDEBR on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

THE TRUCK IS SMOOTH RIDING. POWERFUL AND FIT AND FINISH IS TOP NOTCH. BEST TRUCK!!!