2003 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Tundra: Built like a Rock!
By leezjosh on 03/07/10 17:04 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my truck in August of 2003. Currently has 150,000 miles. It has NEVER refused to start or break down on the road. The only complaint is due to a worn rear bearing, which is somewhat due to wear and tear. Acceleration is very good, leaps ahead of the crowd at stoplights. Very comfy and ergonomically correct interior. Cloth is plushy. Exterior paint is too thin and chips easily. Bumper is not very strong compared to previous Chevy 1500 bumper (Front and Rear) but adequate.

WOW!
By Joe on 03/07/10 06:27 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this truck brand new. Awesome acceleration, and pulling power. I have pulled things with this truck I shouldn't have. It hasn't let me down yet! Only exceptions is I had to replace two o2 sensors ($90 each). I am driving this truck until the wheels fall off. Only down side is the doors and the access cab needed to be a bit bigger. I love my Toyota! I remember driving off the lot for $14,000 tt&l to include extended warranty.

Running it till it quits
By russ on 01/18/10 18:12 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 2dr Regular Cab Rwd LB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Im a courier and have 458,000 thousand on this model. That mileage was not a mis-print! No tranny issues. Amsoil and frequent flushes. A few alternators and a starter is all the expense I've had. Grease the wheel bearings

Tundra
By Roberto on 12/09/09 12:52 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I had my Tundra in Mexico for 3 years. All we had were dirt roads and since we were on the beach, there was a salt spray problem. This truck is outstanding. It runs just like new and has no rattles.

Nicest car I have ever owned
By Michael on 07/02/09 19:55 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Greatest vehicle ever. Incredible power, not too shabby mpg for a V8. When I first bought it, I drove from Utah to Nebraska and back climbing through Wyoming, fighting strong headwinds and side winds traveling 85 to 105 mph. This truck never missed a beat and got 18 mpg. The only other time I calculated mileage was 2 years ago hauling a 4,000 lb. trailer from Utah to Indiana. I got 10 mpg, but I had no trouble keeping it at 80 to 85 even going up steep inclines. Other than the fact that it needs a new windshield now and the shocks aren't brand new, it still drives like a brand new truck even with 105,000 miles on it. Only regret: not buying leather interior. I never want to sell this truck!

130,000 and Going Strong
By George L. on 06/23/09 07:25 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd Stepside SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

WOW...I'll never buy another brand! This truck is phenomenal! Hands down the best vehicle we have ever owned! Our Toyota Sienna ain't bad either by the way! This truck has just over 130k and I am not joking, NO MAJOR REPAIRS...Tires, Light Bulbs, Belts, Hoses and Oil, THAT"S IT! Also...18 + mpg around Houston Texas, and I'm not lying! I had a Toyota approved cold air intake installed at the dealer before I took it home. Well done Toyota!

A truck to depend on
By muvico on 06/21/09 20:28 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has been reliable 100%. It's been used and abused, but still runs like new. The bad: the engineer that designed the back seat was probably 4 feet short, fuel efficiency, this truck was not designed with fuel efficiency in mind. But If you don't have a big family is ok. My dogs love the back seat. I'm looking forward for many more years of driving this truck.

Colorado 2003 Toyota Tundra Great
By rdegrasse on 08/10/08 13:14 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I've pulled a 4 horse trailer (loaded) from Colorado to Virginia and back, loaded up another adult and two children, plus a dog and had plenty of room left over. This is the best truck I've ever owned and will never have anything but a Tundra as a work truck ever again. It has comfort and performance. After 4 years, it still burns rubber if I have to get going quick. The TRD is great. I love it.

The Perfect Pickup Truck
By John on 07/10/08 07:05 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Never repaired in 59,000 miles, fits in a standard garage w/ walk-around room, quieter than most cars, powerful, great towing capacity, 18-20 mpg driven gently on Michelin tires and Amsoil 2000, amazing paint job, outstanding seats - more comfortable than my wife's Lexus. I towed a 5500 lb trailer all over Colorado and came down every pass except the single steepest one in the state. Did it in first gear hardly ever touching the brakes. 10-10.5 mpg towing @ 55. Burns zero oil in one year (13,000 miles). Be sure to change diff fluid. Mine had some metal shavings determined to be from mfg, not wear. Better than other trucks.

Not good with kids
By stephanie on 04/22/08 21:04 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

This truck is not good for kids and small children. There is not enough room for two car seats to sit side-by-side. That means there is wasted space in the middle. My kids' legs are crammed against our seats. I have hit my head in there numerous times getting them into the truck. The door design is horrible. If you park close to another car, you are sure to hit another car with the door getting your kids out. There isn't anything wrong with this truck if you don't have children. It's a good, reliable vehicle, but it's just not compatible with small children in car seats.