2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab Consumer Reviews 9

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Little Red Truck
By jmday on 05/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The truck rides and drives very good. I have over 7000 miles on it now with no problems so far. This is my first Toyota and I'm hoping to get a good truck this time. It's been a long time since I owned a truck that didn't need to go to the shop on a regular basis. I hope this is it. The main thing I don't like about it is that it's not comfortable. The seats take some getting used to.

Just another Happy Toyota Customer
By bill1029 on 05/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I have been eyeing the Tundra since it's introduction in 2000, and continued to read the reviews. I have driven the Ford F-150 and the Chevy 1500. I was impressed with both. I went and drove the Toyota; It did not "blow the doors" off the competition but did feel like a solid pickup truck with a very comfortable ride. I honestly do not have a pickup truck to do the heavy duty farm work (or I would have purchased the V8 version). I need a comfortable commuter with the ability to haul stuff when needed.

We love our Truck!
By toddfish14 on 05/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

My husband wanted a truck to help with his construction business. I wanted a second family car. The Toyota Tundra meets both our needs. He uses the truck to carry equipment. We use the truck for home improvement projects and shopping trips. We had a Jeep that I was not comfortable driving. However, I feel very comfortable driving the truck. Sometimes, when I can sneak it away from him...I get to take it to work!

Toyota Trundra 4x2
By James Marlowe on 05/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Valve train start-up is noisy. Harsh ride even being a 4x2. Smaller interior than the other makers; 90% of a Chevy or Ford. Body squeaks. Fuel mileage averages around 17 mpg. Lacks stopping power. Horn sounds the same as a subcompact. If you want a full-size pick-up, buy American.

My tundra
By Tundrafan on 05/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

i've had it for 2 years very good truck but need more horsepower i like how it looks love the looks on the front love the tires

Great Truck
By kakoe on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Great performance, reliability, smoothness and quietness. Good value for the money and far above the other full size trucks on the market. Plenty of power for any task, easy to drive and fun. Have owned almost a year and no problems what-so-ever. A great day in and day out truck.

Great truck, as expected!
By Glenn Oden on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned Toyotas for the last thirty years. I've never been disapointed yet and the Tundra is the best yet. If it would get 30 mpg I'd be in heaven.

just the right size
By steve tolbert on 04/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this used, and it now has 20,000 miles. No probems what so ever. This truck has very comfortable front seats, is quiet, and is great on the highway. The only negative, is an uncomfortable back seat, but it is ok for around town and holds alot of stuff.

Great new truck
By krumps on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

My 6 cyclinder Tundra has way more power than similar Chevy trucks I tested. Load hauling is great, even up hills! Should have bought this truck before I bought my last Chevy.

One great truck
By Lavinder on 04/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased a new Toyota Tundra 4x4 access cab,v8, last month. Within three weeks, I have put almost 800 miles on it. I was pleased to see that I have been getting a consistent 16 mpg. This is my first vehicle with a motor larger than a 4 cyl. Every chance I get I am feeling the power and acceleration. When I start driving sensibly, I know i will get even higher gas mileage. Titus-Will in Tacoma, WA gave me the best deal with no BS. I was in and out of there in less than an hour. Half of that time I was waiting while Jim Love was finishing up with another customer.