Used 2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Very Happy w/ My '02 Tundra
By 1968 Camaro Conv

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

When Toyota first advertised the new '00 Tundra, what interested me was the emphasis placed on the Tundra’s new I-Force V8 engine. After waiting two years and tracking the success of the Tundra, I decided to test drive this truck and immediately knew that this was a well build truck. I’ve driven this truck across the USA with no problems. I also have used this truck to haul wood and for towing. The 4X4 works well both off- road and on wet/snow covered pavement. The anti-locking brakes also works well on icy and gravel roads. I highly recommended the anti-locking brakes. I’m very pleased with this truck and will buy another Tundra.

Favorite Features

V-8 I-Force Engine; Toyota’s long standing reliability; Six CD changer; Front bucket seats; High ground clearance.

Suggested Improvements

Back seat is uncomfortable for adults, but my kids doesn’t complaint and I don’t have to sit back there.

big bang
By omfsdoc

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Had my Tundra struck from behind while stopped at a red light. Causing complete destruction of the offending 2002 Chevy Envoy. The Tundra had to have a new bumper and and the bed repaired, but no damage to the heavy frame or the rest of the truck. You could not imagine that these two vechicles were in the same accident. As the state trooper said...I'm going to by a Tundra next time I need a truck.

Favorite Features

engine

Suggested Improvements

had a 4 door Dodge Ram 4x4 with the hemi engine was nice but teh extra room and 4 doors was the best features..I would like to see the new 4 door Tundra offer the room of the big 3's 4 door trucks

Toyota Tundra 2002
By troy slicker

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent fullsize truck, with excellent build quaility. I would buy another in a heart beat.I live Arizona and the summers are hot and A.C. is excellent. If you buy Tundra get the V8 you will be happy.

Favorite Features

The V8 power is the best. I also like that the tow cap. is 7200lbs.

Suggested Improvements

Put rear air conditioning ducts in the back seat area.

Great truck!
By mustafa

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

This truck is great! The only regret I have about buying it, is that I chose the V6 model (I have to go to school, SDSU, which is 35 miles away, each way). I would strongly suggest the consumer to buy the V8 iforce model. Anyways, this truck is awesome, I hope to trade it in for the 2004 model, which is improved greatly. The back seats are enlarged.

Suggested Improvements

The back seats should be bigger, but, fortunately, the 2004 year model will have this improvement.

Toyota Tundra Fan
By oregon-agates

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We went from a Camry to the full sized Tundra. The truck is every bit as comforatble and easy to drive as the Camry is. What an engine. Very smooth and powerfull. Reminds me of the 1950's and 60's V8 era. As far as the back seat goes, it is comforatble for short (less than 500 miles) trips. The bed is shallow but for city truckers that is fine. I would say we will buy another but this one will probably last forever.

Favorite Features

V8, carlike interior.

Suggested Improvements

Move the rear door handles to the latch part of the door.