2002 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
The best truck
By Mr B on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third Toyota, but my first toyota truck and the truck is a dream. I plan to buy the truck at the end of my lease and do a few things to it. Like suspension upgrade to TRD. But overall Toyota has never failed me with over 120000 on average that I sell my toyotas and they are still running like a top. No service needed just oil change. Get one.

As A Commercial Truck!
By Wireless on 07/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

This truck has a GemTop Cap with side tool doors and ladder rack. It is carrying about 450lbs of tools and equipment. It was a bid truck against a Chev 4x4 extended cab PU and came in $120 less. We like the V6, 5 Speed, and manual 4x4 transmission. To make this truck move you have to shift...and to get mileage keep a light foot on the throttle. This IS NOT a heavy duty construction type truck...better get a C20 or F250 for that. We bought this truck for the Toyota quality name and better fuel economy.

upgrade to TUNDRA
By T100_to_Tundra on 07/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I live in NE and drive 100 mi/day for work. I recently upgraded from a T100 to a Tundra. My T100 has 260,000 miles, no leaks, still quite, some rust on bed weld spots. So why upgrade? I'm sold on Toyota quality and reliability. I get more for my $$$. 1. I have 3 children, so the rear access doors are a bonus. 2. More HP,Tq without sacrificing fuel economy (I get around 20 mph, same as my V6 T100). 3. Finally a limited-slip rear differential (LD) with the TRD option. 4. Did I mention, this truck is so quiet!

My new Tundra review
By changsteven on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I just picked up my 02 tundra in Thunder Grey a week ago. I am very satisfied so far. This truck will hold a great resale value and is known for reliability. Be prepared to spend money for gas.

VALVE TRAIN NOISE!!!!!!!!
By rrcarson on 06/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

nasty sounding valve train noise at start ups even for short time after driving, possibly a lifter???? any solutions contact me,please. DEALER IS NO HELP!!??? why can't they hear it??? funny huh??? only 34,000 miles, come on Toyota, step up to the plate here...whats wrong with all are trucks???? all I want is the noise fixed is that so much to ask???

toyotatundra
By sunset47a on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

silky smooth quiet nice ride lots of power

Can't beat Toyota Reliability
By Rush PIKE on 06/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

With all truck prices costing about the same (not too big of a difference), the reliability of a Toyota is what attracted me to this truck. I bought it on Memorial Day, trading in my 1996 Camaro RS. It was quite a change, but I am glad I made it. The large ground clearance is phenomenal and I actually find it harder to go the speed limit than I did in the Camaro! An unbelievably smooth ride for a truck, and an overall great vehicle.

Great Truck
By Henry007 on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Just moved from Seattle to Fort Myers Florida..3200 miles! Pull a UHaul and had a hard time keeping the truck under 70!!

Lexus Truck
By john melendez on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The Toyota Tundra TRD V8 access cab is by far the nicest, best performing and most comfortable pick up I've owned. I've owned every pick up model exept Dodge and will never own a pick up again that is not a Toyota. I think they should put leather seats in them and sell them under the Lexus name; they are that good. Only complaint is the front rotors warped after 8k miles, but that was covered under warranty. May I say again, if your buying a pick up, get a Toyota....... John Melendez, Austin, TX

One hell of a good truck!
By Bob Y on 06/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra 2dr Regular Cab 2WD LB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I love my Tundra,its a great truck.I know I will be happy with it for along time to come.