2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
upgrade to TUNDRA
By T100_to_Tundra on 07/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I live in NE and drive 100 mi/day for work. I recently upgraded from a T100 to a Tundra. My T100 has 260,000 miles, no leaks, still quite, some rust on bed weld spots. So why upgrade? I'm sold on Toyota quality and reliability. I get more for my $$$. 1. I have 3 children, so the rear access doors are a bonus. 2. More HP,Tq without sacrificing fuel economy (I get around 20 mph, same as my V6 T100). 3. Finally a limited-slip rear differential (LD) with the TRD option. 4. Did I mention, this truck is so quiet!

My new Tundra review
By changsteven on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I just picked up my 02 tundra in Thunder Grey a week ago. I am very satisfied so far. This truck will hold a great resale value and is known for reliability. Be prepared to spend money for gas.

VALVE TRAIN NOISE!!!!!!!!
By rrcarson on 06/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

nasty sounding valve train noise at start ups even for short time after driving, possibly a lifter???? any solutions contact me,please. DEALER IS NO HELP!!??? why can't they hear it??? funny huh??? only 34,000 miles, come on Toyota, step up to the plate here...whats wrong with all are trucks???? all I want is the noise fixed is that so much to ask???

toyotatundra
By sunset47a on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

silky smooth quiet nice ride lots of power

Can't beat Toyota Reliability
By Rush PIKE on 06/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

With all truck prices costing about the same (not too big of a difference), the reliability of a Toyota is what attracted me to this truck. I bought it on Memorial Day, trading in my 1996 Camaro RS. It was quite a change, but I am glad I made it. The large ground clearance is phenomenal and I actually find it harder to go the speed limit than I did in the Camaro! An unbelievably smooth ride for a truck, and an overall great vehicle.

Lexus Truck
By john melendez on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The Toyota Tundra TRD V8 access cab is by far the nicest, best performing and most comfortable pick up I've owned. I've owned every pick up model exept Dodge and will never own a pick up again that is not a Toyota. I think they should put leather seats in them and sell them under the Lexus name; they are that good. Only complaint is the front rotors warped after 8k miles, but that was covered under warranty. May I say again, if your buying a pick up, get a Toyota....... John Melendez, Austin, TX

Great Truck
By Henry007 on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Just moved from Seattle to Fort Myers Florida..3200 miles! Pull a UHaul and had a hard time keeping the truck under 70!!

Living up to reputation
By Muddy Hollow on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have never owned a Toyota before and have been driving sport-utes for most of my adult life. Toyota has a great reputation and when I finally decided to buy a truck it was an easy choice to rule out the domestic options since their build quality is lacking, Ford would rank second in my opinion. Fit, finish, and driving experience exceed expecation with this truck. More carlike than trucklike and loads of power. Ergonomics are great compared to my wife's Land Rover.

na
By jec on 05/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my toyota tundra for almost 8 months now. I love it, the only critsim I have is the turning radius is way to small compared to other vehicles in this class.

Little Red Truck
By jmday on 05/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The truck rides and drives very good. I have over 7000 miles on it now with no problems so far. This is my first Toyota and I'm hoping to get a good truck this time. It's been a long time since I owned a truck that didn't need to go to the shop on a regular basis. I hope this is it. The main thing I don't like about it is that it's not comfortable. The seats take some getting used to.