Used 2002 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Happy with My Tundra
By Jango Barks

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my Tundra following a terrible front-end collision. Well beyond its crash rating, my Tundra meets my needs beautifully.

Plenty of cabin room.

02 Toyota Tundra 4WD Limited V*
By Rick

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Best truck I've ever owned. Rides great, handles great.

Almost everything, esp. the Quality, Safety, & Reliability

More room in the back seat and maybe better stock tires. Better gas milage would also be great, but it's tough to get great gas milage with a V8.

3 years later and still in love
By Sam

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I've had a great experience in the time i've spent with my Tundra. Its a tad smaller than the "Big 3" trucks, but i'm willing to sacrifice a little space for insanely superior build quality. The interior has picked up a few rattles, but ones that are easily located and silenced. The engine butter- smooth and is holding up well, although I don't have many miles on it. It also has surprising pep with "only" 245 Horsepower. The ride is near luxo-car smooth also. My friends always comment on how smooth the truck is. If you need to haul heavy loads however, look elsewhere. But for weekend trips to home depot, or for pulling a small boat, (under 7,000 .lbs) this truck does its job and then some.

Love the build quality. TRD (Toyota Racing Development) Parts look/feel/sound great. Great road feel, weighted steering. Sweet engine, loves to rev and sounds great doing so.

Rear Disc Brakes (even though it stops on a dime already). Interior clock should be up at eye level instead of down at the bottom of the center stack. Could use a bit more power, especially to keep up with todays trucks (i.e. Hemi).

2002 Tundra Limited
By Kurt Scrudato

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The truck is awesome! Ride is quiet and stable. It can still be thrown into hard turns. Great motor with great power and response. 105 mph possible and quick. A blast to drive and never complains. It pulls heavy loads pretty well. Simple 4wd button. The best seats I have ever had. Would like more features like Nav and heated seats. AC is the only thing that could be strengthed. An A++ in my book.

The seats are truly the most comfortable I have ever been in. I really like the power and response of this motor. It is a blast to drive.

As I mentioned, it needs a stronger AC and I would like more comfort features like NAV and heated seats. I also recomend that they get rid of the antenna, hide it or put it in the windshield. Would also like a radar plug higher on the dash. And standard should be both type of trailer plugs.

Tundra Test
By Sid Smith

2002 Toyota Tundra 2dr Regular Cab 2WD LB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I have the basic model of truck. It is very reliable with no mechanical faults to this point.The only thing, which is minor would be the pop-up drink holder stopped working. This seem like a small thing until the Toyota dealership quoted me $170.00 for the replacement part. Overall, I am delighted with the Tundra full size truck. The comfort level over my Nissan truck (the Frontier) is Night and Day.The cupholder upsets me because I am spoiled by the quality and reliablity of my Toyota truck.I would buy another Toyota truck if that time ever comes.That's just the way it is. Best Regards, Sid Smith

• SUV