2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
buy a ford or chevy if you want a truck
By Ryanz on 09/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

i have 20,000 miles on this peice. I also have a ford that outpowers it and outpulls it. toyota is very undependable and not a good vehicle. listen to me when i say buy a ford f series truck. My toyota had 2 trannys replaced, starter blew, oil leak, engine makes noise and broke down 3 times. and no it is no lemon. i have owned one before. ford is better then comes chevy.

One year post purchase
By JEC on 08/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my toyota tundra for almost a year now. I love it, it rides like a Lexus. There is no comparing toyota quality with american made vehicles if you did comparisons based on that alone Toyota wins hands down. My only complaint is the difficulty in parking you have with this vehicle. Compared to other vehicle of the same size and class the turning radius is much smaller.

A fine truck
By Stan Gilbert on 08/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Overall, a very fine quality product. Fun to drive. Very solid. Have 5500 miles on it. 4.7 V-8 is very quiet,powerful;I get 15 mpg around town (the same as my old '94 Nissan 4X4 3 litre V-6 pickup. I have TRD, but prefer a more "taunt - supple" -ride. Very roadable and stable tho in cross winds. Very quiet at highway speeds; But where my left elbow and left knee rest on door is cheap fabric. Already shows wear. Right armrest is fabric and will soil easily. Wear areas shold be vinyl. Tranny, or driveline, "bumps" on downshift coming to a stop, even 3 - 8 seconds after stop. Dealers say "they all do it". Hope it's durable!

Killer Truck
By Big Koso on 08/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Plenty of power in this truck. Toyota trucks are no joke, giving serious competition to domestics. I am not normally a foriegn car/truck kinda guy, but I fell in love with the Tundra. Take one for a test drive, you won't be disappointed

brand new v8
By gatorman on 08/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

love my new tundra, had a tacoma double cab with the v6 but it just did not have the spunk to pull my 3800lb travel trailer with ease. No problem with the v8 in my tundra but i do miss that back seat. O WELL we can not have everything maybe next year they will come out with true four tundra.

2001 V8 Tundra
By minder1 on 08/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

If you want the best mid- to full- size pickup this is it for regular use, this is it! If you want an oversize truck for towing extra large loads (above 7500 lbs.) and are willing to compromise on quality/reliability buy a Chevy, Ford, or Dodge. This vehicle is clearly superior and is an excellent tow vehicle for loads under 7500 lbs. The Lexus derived V8 is amazing. Unlike a previous reviewer, always test drive before you buy. I am 6'1" and seating is very spacious.

Smooth But Tough
By jnelsonpvc on 07/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This truck beat out the 4 door Tacoma and the Superchaged 4 door Frontier because of the incredible ride. Very smooth. I also have the TRD offroad package and go 4 wheeling often and have been consistantly amazed that such a smooth riding truck can handle so well offroad. Great Truck!

2002 4X4 4.7LITER TUNDRA EXTRACAB
By GREG on 07/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I TRADED IN A 1999 Z71 CHEVY SILVERADO EXTRA CAB ON THIS TUNDRA IN LATE 2001. IN MY EXPERIENCE THE CHEVY HAD A SMOOTHER RIDE AND MORE ROOM (MUCH NICER BACK SEAT) BUT IT WOULD NOT FIT IN MY GARAGE. THE TUNDRA IS SOMEWHAT SMALLER ALL AROUND WHICH IS AN ADVANTAGE FOR CITY DRIVING AND IT IS EASIER TO PARK THAN THE CHEVY. BOTH ARE/WERE FUN TO DRIVE.I ALSO AM MORE COMFORTABLE WITH TOYOTA'S RELIABILITY (THIS IS MY 5TH TOYOTA)THAN CHEVY. TUNDRA COULD USE A LITTLE MORE ROOM IN THE BACK AND BETTER SPEAKERS BUT OTHER THAN THESE MINOR ISSUES I AM VERY SATISFIED WITH THE TUNDRA AND EXPECT GOOD RELIABILITY/DEPENDABILITY.

The best truck
By Mr B on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third Toyota, but my first toyota truck and the truck is a dream. I plan to buy the truck at the end of my lease and do a few things to it. Like suspension upgrade to TRD. But overall Toyota has never failed me with over 120000 on average that I sell my toyotas and they are still running like a top. No service needed just oil change. Get one.

As A Commercial Truck!
By Wireless on 07/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

This truck has a GemTop Cap with side tool doors and ladder rack. It is carrying about 450lbs of tools and equipment. It was a bid truck against a Chev 4x4 extended cab PU and came in $120 less. We like the V6, 5 Speed, and manual 4x4 transmission. To make this truck move you have to shift...and to get mileage keep a light foot on the throttle. This IS NOT a heavy duty construction type truck...better get a C20 or F250 for that. We bought this truck for the Toyota quality name and better fuel economy.